The UH-60 Black Hawk is a multirole gunship of the United States developed by Sikorsky. It is the main utility helicopter of the United States Armed Forces, being used in roles ranging from search and rescue to troop transport.
The UH-60 was the product of the Utility Tactical Transport Aircraft System, a project of the United States Army to procure a replacement for the UH-1 Iroqouis helicopter, competing against the YUH-61 entry of Boeing Vertol. The YUH-60 was deemed the victor, with formal production beginning in 1979. Various specialized models have been developed ever since for all branches of the US military.
First deployed in the 1983 invasion of Grenada, it has seen activity in virtually all American conflicts in recent history, from Operation Just Cause to Afghanistan and humanitarian missions. A special model, the MH-60, is used by the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment of the Army.
The United States Army deployed Black Hawks during the SRN Insurgency in East Africa, the New Russian Federation uprising, and the attack on Miami by NRF remnants. In Africa, it was used in a Search & Rescue capacity and as a ground attack aircraft.
- Type: G (Gunship)
A utility helicopter used by the U.S. Army Special Forces for missions that require fire power. In addition to the transportation of military personnel, it can effectively attack using the 7.62 mm machine gun on the flank of the aircraft. With features like forward looking infrared (FLIR), it is equipped with a wide variety of electronic equipment necessary for assault missions.
- MH-60s were the main aircraft of the Nomad Squadron of Task Force 108. They were used in all operations involving the unit, from the anti-insurgency campaign in East Africa and the final stages of the New Russian Federation uprising. Each Black Hawk was armed with a pair of M134s manned by a door gunner.
- Color 1: United States Army gray body.
- Color 2: Japan Air Self-Defense Force Air Rescue Wing blue markings and emblems.
The Japan Self-Defense Force operated a license-built Black Hawk, the Mitsubishi H-60. SH-60 navy units and UH-60J gunships were part of the joint Japanese-United Kingdom fleet during the 2021 West Africa civil war.
- The MH-60 is the first aircraft in which the player travels as a passenger.
- The colors of the MH-60 can be customized, as with the AC-130U Spooky. However, this is often a moot point, as the aircraft is rarely seen in its entirety, and cannot use third-person view like the Spooky.