- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Battle-Axe.
Orders have come in for an emergency sortie. A major air engagement is taking place as we speak between Belka and the Allied Forces near the border, in the B7R airspace, which Belka is committed to defend at all costs. B7R, commonly known as the "Round Table," has long been a symbol of Belka's political, military and industrial might. However, at noon today, along with its lightning-quick commencement of Operation Battle-Axe, the Allied Forces officially announced the permanent abrogation of its nonaggression treaty at the Assembly of Nations, and simultaneously attacked B7R with a massive fighter squadron. This mission may be our chance to finally end the Belkan War once and for all. I wish you luck.
The player must shoot down any 15 enemy fighters in the airspace. They comprise of Su-27s, MiG-29s, and, later on, Su-37s. Lots of allied aircraft will be around to help clear out the fighters as well. Enemy aircraft will continue spawning until the player shoots down 15 aircraft. At that point, after some dialogue, AWACS Eagle Eye will detect an ace squadron entering the area.
- Mercenary: The player must shoot down Schwarze Team, a squadron of eight MiG-31 Foxhounds. They are very fast and easily swarm the player if they stay in one place for too long.
- Soldier: The player must shoot down Schnee Team, a squadron of four F-14D Super Tomcats and one EA-6B Prowler. The EA-6B will be jamming the player's radar, so the player should shoot it down first. The F-14Ds consistently fire long-range missiles at the player.
- Knight: The player must shoot down Silber Team, a squadron of four F-16C Fighting Falcons and one F-4E Phantom II. They fly in a close formation, but if the player shoots down the F-4E, the F-16Cs will spread out, making it easier to shoot them down.
The player completes the mission once they shoot down the enemy ace squadron.
The following enemy lists are taken from the Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book.
|MiG-29A||320||1||Mercenary Ace Style|
|Su-27||480||1||Mercenary Ace Style|
|MiG-31 "Schwarze"||2380||8||Mercenary Ace Style|
|F-14D "Schnee"||2500||4||Soldier Ace Style|
|F-4E "Silber"||1980||1||Knight Ace Style|
|AR #||Unit||Points|| Campaign|
|077||MiG-21bis "Huckebein"||1690||Very Easy||Mercenary|
|078||Su-47 "Nachtigall"||1450||✔||Normal||Mercenary||[note 3]|
|079||MiG-29A "GrauWespe 1"||820||Very Easy||Mercenary||[note 4]|
|080||MiG-29A "GrauWespe 2"||820||Very Easy||Mercenary||[note 4]|
|081||MiG-29A "GrauWespe 3"||820||Very Easy||Mercenary||[note 4]|
|082||MiG-29A "GrauWespe 4"||820||Very Easy||Mercenary||[note 4]|
|083||Su-47 "Grabacr"||2020||Ace||Mercenary||[note 5]|
|089||F/A-22A "Bergvogel"||1450||✔||Normal||Soldier||[note 3]|
|090||Su-27 "GrauKater"||980||Very Easy||Soldier||[note 4]|
|091||Su-27 "GrauKatze"||980||Very Easy||Soldier||[note 4]|
|092||F-15 S/MTD "Ofnir"||1610||Ace||Soldier||[note 6]|
|098||Rafale M "GrauOrca 1"||1300||Very Easy||Knight||[note 4]|
|099||Rafale M "GrauOrca 2"||1300||Very Easy||Knight||[note 4]|
|100||Mir-2000D "Bergtaube"||900||✔||Normal||Knight||[note 3]|
|101||Su-37 "Reiher"||2020||Ace||Knight||[note 6]|
Achieving an S rank on this mission requires completing it within 10 minutes or less. When the mission starts, the player should shoot down 15 planes as fast as possible. This will advance the dialogue and give the player the most time possible for the ace squadron encounter. Multi-lock air-to-air missiles, or QAAMs, would be the most beneficial special weapons.
We were victorious in the B7R engagement. The Round Table has finally toppled. According to our reports, the squadron led by that enemy ace in the Foxhound was the one designated to intercept and destroy fleeing aircraft. Thanks to you, our forces' morale has skyrocketed.
We were victorious in the B7R engagement. The Round Table has finally toppled. Incidentally, the pilot in the F-14D was an enemy ace. He was personally responsible for shooting down dozens of our planes. Belka is no longer a threat.
We were victorious in the B7R engagement. The Round Table has finally toppled. According to our reports, the pilot in the F-4E that you engaged was an academy-trained ace. It won't be long now before we win this war.
- The player encounters several characters in this mission that previously appeared in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War:
- Jack Bartlett appears as an ally on Mercenary.
- On Mercenary, Schwarze Team enters the area chasing Wolfgang Buchner (Huckebein).
- On Mercenary on Ace difficulty, Ashley Bernitz (Grabacr) will appear and shoot down both Buchner and Bartlett if the player doesn't intervene.
- On Soldier on Ace, Michael Heimeroth (Ofnir) appears under certain conditions.[note 6]
- Adding together all three Ace Styles, Mayhem features the highest number of optional special units (15) of all campaign missions in the Ace Combat franchise.
- The ace squadrons with the Grau- prefix all relate to an animal in German. "GrauWespe" on Mercenary means "gray wasp"; "GrauKater" and "GrauKatze" on Soldier mean "gray male cat" and "gray female cat", respectively; and "GrauOrca Squadron" means "gray whale".
- ↑ These two MiG-29As spawn after the player shoots down the two MiG-29As that spawned from the bottom-left of the combat area at the start of the mission.
- ↑ These two MiG-29As spawn after the player shoots down the two Su-27s that spawned to the player's right at the start of the mission.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Nachtigall, Bergvogel, and Bergtaube all spawn in the Mission Update.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 GrauWespe Squadron, GrauKater, GrauKatze, and GrauOrca Squadron all spawn in the Mission Update if the player shoots down six or more aircraft in the first three minutes of the mission.
- ↑ Grabacr spawns next to Huckebein if Huckebein makes it safely to the southeast corner of the map. Unless the player intervenes, Grabacr will shoot down Huckebein.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Ofnir and Reiher spawn in the Mission Update if the player shoots down two or more Su-27s in the first three minutes of the mission.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book, pages 076-077.
- ↑ Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book, page 165.
|Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Missions|