The MiG-31B Foxhounds were fielded in the Lighthouse War, during the war they were operated by the Erusean Air Force as an interceptor aircraft. During Operation Magic Spear, an Erusean MiG-31B ace named Owen Corwin, callsign "Comet", was shot down by Trigger.They were also utilized in Operation Sighthound to defend the Alicorn in Artiglio Port. During Operation Domino, the Hrotti Squadron used four MiG-31s with no loaded missiles to distract the Strider Squadron while giving other allied squadrons enough time to enter the airspace.
Assault Horizon universe
During the bombing raid at the Caucasus mountains, a bomber flown by Janice Rehl and her co-pilot Flynn were being pursued by a flight of NRF Foxhounds. Fortunately for the bomber flight, Warwolf Squadron and Red Moon Squadron arrived in time to shoot down the interceptors.
Along with the MiG-21bis and MiG-29A Fulcrum, the MiG-31B Foxhound was obtained by Wernher and Noah Enterprises and used for their Advanced Automated Aviation Plants. Mercenaries affiliated with the United Nations Forces utilized the aircraft during Operation Eternal Liberation against the USEA Federation, who also possessed many units of the aircraft.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A large interceptor that boasts high speeds on a world-class scale. It boasts long-range air-to-air missiles loaded with the latest avionics, as well as the ability to fly at high speeds in order to intercept cruise missiles."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The MiG-31B is available on the Aircraft Tree and it costs 280,000 MRP. It requires purchasing the MiG-29A Fulcrum.
- BODY: 36
- ARMS: 36
- MISC: 36
- Owen Corwin (COMET)
- Osea: Grey body with black nose.
- Erusea: Green/beige/brown camouflage (Unlocked by sortieing 100 times in multiplayer mode)
- Special: Grey with blue, black, and white stripes. Based on the MiG-31 "374" livery. (UNLOCK: Shoot down COMET)
- Mage: Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings
- Spare: Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings
- Strider: Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings
Ace Combat Infinity
- "This interceptor is the former Soviet Union's first 4th generation aircraft. Derived from the MiG-25, the aircraft has been heavily modified. Unlike the MiG-25, which is an interceptor that excels at high altitudes, this aircraft is capable of supersonic flight even at low altitudes. Thanks to its high engine thrust, it can reach a top speed close to mach 3.[sic] In addition, this aircraft has excellent air defense capabilities. The NATO codename for it is "Foxhound"."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||18 / 38||16 / 38||17 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||20 / 40||18 / 40||19 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||21 / 41||19 / 41||20 / 41|
|Lv.20||22 / 42||20 / 42||21 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels unlocked the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Hunting Dog
- Lv.10: Dragster
- Lv.15: Embodiment of Speed
- Lv.20: Black Dog
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
How to Unlock
- The MiG-31B is not available to the player in this game. It is only controlled by enemy AI, especially during Launch.