Like with other UPEO craft, this aircraft is an older model that has been slightly modernized to fit with the current standards; it possesses a COFFIN-equipped cockpit. Like with the EF2000E Typhoon II, it is likely that these aircraft's development is overseen by UPEO itself.
This aircraft makes an appearance in the Intercorporate War, albeit a fairly minor one. This aircraft was fielded by UPEO in the beginning of the war, but as time went on and the opposition gained more developed technology, this aircraft would be put to the sidelines in favor of more advanced craft to combat the threat.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "An upgraded and redesigned plane using the MiG-29 as a basis. By fixing issues with turning, it is able to move more smoothly in the air. It is superior to the EF2000E in air-to-air fights. However, too much focus was given on its turning ability and its performance is lacking in other areas. Its defense is particularly poor."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
- How to Unlock
- Japanese version: Available from the start.
- International version: Complete Transport with an A-Rank.
- Width: 11.36 m
- Length: 17.32 m
- Height: 4.73 m
- Weight: 18,000 kg
- Max Speed
- Japanese Release: 2,856 km/h
- International Release: 3,821 km/h
- Damage Tolerance: Normal
- The aircraft shares its name with two real-life Mikoyan-Gurevich aircraft: the cancelled Izdeliye/Project 33 and the MiG-29M Super Fulcrum, a multirole upgrade of the original -A model designed in the 1980s.