The Mirage 2000-5 is an upgraded variant of the Mirage 2000. It was introduced in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation and has made sporadic appearances since, replacing the Mirage 2000 and the Mirage 2000D from previous installments.
In the Strangereal universe, the Mirage 2000-5 was developed as an evolution of the original Mirage 2000 model, combining its air combat abilities with the ground attack capacity of the Mirage 2000D. By the early 21st century, the aircraft was chiefly operated as a multipurpose frontline aircraft by Emmeria and Estovakia. Certain models were used by the former as a testbed for engine thrust research, limited solely to flight tests.
During the Emmeria-Estovakia War, the Estovakian Air Force deployed multiple Mirages in the Invasion of Gracemeria and throughout the course of the conflict. Estovakian ace Jakov Vabec, callsign "Oblako", was shot down by Talisman while defending Ragno Fortress. Notable Emmerian units included the Air Force's Sky Kid Squadron, which helped defend Silvat Town, recapture Gracemeria, and destroy the Chandelier.
Mirages continued to be fielded in the Lighthouse War, they were operated by both sides. A notable Mirage pilot was Nathan Roche, callsign "Foudre", of the Erusean Air Force, who took part in Operation Dragon Breath, but was shot down by Trigger. It was also used by Spare Squadron member Tabloid.
Assault Horizon universe
In the Assault Horizon universe, the 2000-5 was created by Dassault Aviation during the Cold War in response to a perception of insufficient performance by the basic 2000 model against the F-16C Fighting Falcon. The aircraft entered service with the French Air Force in 1997, fulfilling a role as a surface and air combatant.
In 2015, the Armée de l'Air dispatched the Lion Squadron as part of the French detachment of NATO's Task Force 108 under the command of Pierre La Pointe. The squadron fought with Warwolf Squadron and the Russian Red Moon Squadron in several battles against the insurgent movement ravaging East Africa, including at the NATO headquarters in Hamada.
The 2000-5 was developed in the Infinity universe under the same circumstances by Dassault Aviation, but the production of the aircraft was assumed by Wernher and Noah Enterprises after the Ulysses Disaster. Although the acquisition of the aircraft under national militaries is unclear, the aircraft was a low-level multipurpose aircraft used by mercenaries of the United Nations Forces.
During the uprising of the USEA Federation, the aircraft was operated as a frontline aircraft by the organization's air forces, along with the MiG-29A Fulcrum and the MiG-21bis. Customized "White Tiger" models were encountered by Arrows Air Defense and Security in May 2019 during a mission over Comona Base in the West Indies, which were developed by Wernher in limited numbers during Operation Eternal Liberation.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A light fighter with delta wings and no horizontal tail wing. The 2000-5 is a multirole fighter with good balance and maneuverability at high speeds. Nicknamed "Mirage", its fly-by-wire gives it great stability."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The Mirage 2000-5 is available on the Aircraft Tree and costs 105,000 MRP. It requires purchasing the F-16C Fighting Falcon.
- BODY: 38
- ARMS: 38
- MISC: 38
- Nathan Roche (FOUDRE)
- Tabloid (Spare 11)
- Osea: Light blue and Light Grey camouflage.
- Erusea: Two-tone green and grey M2000D camouflage.
- Special: Black with red "lightning bolts" livery, based on the Mirage 2000-10 Demonstrator in the movie "Les Chevaliers du Ciel". (Unlock: Shoot down FOUDRE)
- Mage: Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings.
- Spare: Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings.
- Strider: Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings.
- Tabloid: Spare skin with Tabloid's markings.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "Developed as an advanced air force aircraft, this tailless delta style, small combat aircraft is in service in several countries including the French Air Force. Its light weight results in excellent acceleration performance. The most recent model, the Mirage 2000-5, has improved multiple targeting capabilities from its RDY radar, and it is also furnished with such features as a modernized cockpit gauge, all of which rapidly elevate its combat potential. Its nickname is Mirage."
- ― Hangar
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||20 / 38||20 / 38||20 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||22 / 40||22 / 40||22 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||23 / 41||23 / 41||23 / 41|
|Lv.20||24 / 42||24 / 42||24 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels unlocked the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Delta Wing Crazy
- Lv.10: Unseen Tower
- Lv.15: Heat Haze In The Sky
- Lv.20: Phantasmal Embrace
- Default: Multi-tone blue camouflage
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- "Developed as an advanced air force aircraft, this tailless delta style, small combat aircraft is in service in several countries including the French Air Force. Its light weight results in excellent acceleration performance. The most recent model, the Mirage 2000-5, has improved multiple targeting capabilities from its RDY radar, and it is also furnished with such features as a modernized cockpit gauge, all of which rapidly elevate its combat potential. Its nickname is "Mirage"."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- Available at the start of the game.
- Speed: High
- Mobility: Medium-High
- Stability: Medium-Low
- Fire Power: High
- Defense: Low
- Color 1: Light blue camouflage.
- Color 2: White tiger stripe camouflage. Livery used by Mirages in the NATO Tiger Association event, popularly known as "Tiger Meet".
- Color 3: Mirage 4000 experimental livery. Used in Ace Combat 6 as the "Experimental" paint scheme.
- Color 4: THE IDOLMASTER YAYOI
- Color 5: THE IDOLMASTER YAYOI (Monochrome)
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- "The Mirage is a highly maneuverable multirole aircraft which is highly maneuverable at high speeds, but requires precision controlling because of the resulting recoil. It is equipped with long range air-to-ground missiles enabling it to safely destroy enemy ground targets from a distance. Highly customizable, this aircraft can meet a variety of needs."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- Complete Bartolomeo Fortress.
- Speed: Medium
- Air-to-Air: Medium
- Air-to-Ground: Medium
- Stability: Low
- Defense: Medium
- Mobility: Medium
- Emmeria: Light blue camouflage.
- Estovakia: Green and gray camouflage.
- Estovakia SP: Beige camouflage.
- Experimental (DLC)
- Scarface Emblem (DLC)
- Advanced (DLC)
- THE IDOLMASTER Yayoi (DLC)
- In Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, the Mirage 2000-5 now uses the MICA IR as the standard missile model, replacing the R550 Magic II used by the aircraft's incarnation in previous titles. This change is also applied to the Rafale M.
- ↑ Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Invasion of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Ragno Fortress, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Siege on Silvat, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ The Liberation of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Chandelier, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ "Stonehenge Defensive", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- ↑ Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- ↑ Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Ace Combat Infinity