Moby Dick Pursuit II is a Special Raid mission in Ace Combat Infinity, in which players must work together to destroy the special red-painted, upgraded Aigaion-class heavy command cruiser. It takes place over the oil facility featured in Pipeline Destruction.
We've ascertained the flight path of an upgraded Aigaion class heavy command cruiser. The upgrades include enhancements to firepower and defenses, and we cannot allow it to reach the frontlines. All pilots responding to this emergency must sortie immediately and intercept the upgraded heavy command cruiser. Contact is expected to be made above the enemy oil facilities. Destroy the target before it escapes from the operation area.
Similar to other Moby Dick Pursuits, the only objective in this mission is to destroy the Aigaion-class heavy command cruiser, which has increased firepower and health. Outside of these buffs, the mission plays out almost exactly the same as Moby Dick Pursuit I.
The only other difference between the missions is the end; whereas MDP I is complete as soon as the Aigaion's cockpit is destroyed, the players in this mission must destroy Aigaion's core after the cockpit is destroyed. The core is located inside the Aigaion, and must be fired at from inside the runway or from the front of the cruiser. The mission completes when the timer runs out or Aigaion's core is destroyed, whichever comes first.
In order to achieve an S Rank, as in other Online Co-Op Missions, all targets in the airspace must be destroyed, which includes both Gyges-class and both Kottos-class aerial warships as well as all escort fighters.
At least two players would have to concentrate their fire against Gyges and Kottos, while at least one other person engages the Aigaion's AA systems. At least one other person would have to engage the escort fighters in the airspace.
Destroying Aigaion's core immediately ends the mission and awards whatever rank is earned at that point. Therefore, all players should agree to only destroy the core once all of the fighters and the other four cruisers are taken care of.
C or B Rank
The upgraded Aigaion class heavy command cruiser has been stripped of its combat capabilities. While many of the aerial fleets protecting it survived, preventing the Aigaion itself from joining the battle represents a significant victory.
The upgraded Aigaion class heavy command cruiser has been neutralized and the enemy aerial fleet that defended it has retreated while suffering significant losses. This will severely restrict enemy aerial operations in the immediate future.
The upgraded Aigaion class heavy command cruiser and the forces defending it have been shot down, laying waste to an entire enemy aerial fleet. You have protected our forces from future harm. Upgraded or not, this new Aigaion was not enough to threaten you.
- Players who complete this mission are awarded with the "Red Service Medal (Aerial Fleet Suppression)" emblem and the "White Whale Nemesis" nickname.
- This mission was announced during Aces at Operation: "Digital Hollywood", and later debuted in the Mission Notice Trailer.
- The Aigaion-class cruiser was only painted red on the top of the aircraft. All other parts retain the same color as other Aigaion-class cruisers.
- Contrary to popular belief, the red paint scheme is not a reference to the Zone of Endless program. In fact, it is a reference to Char Aznable, whose red mobile suit goes three times as fast as any other mobile suit. This was explicitly mentioned during Digital Hollywood; however, the cruiser itself does not travel three times as fast as other Aigaion-class cruisers.
- Until Update 2.02, both Moby Dick Pursuit II and III did not play the sound effects for player aircraft in the intro or outro cutscenes. Additionally, both missions played the same background music as that of the Stonehenge missions; this was replaced by "THE DEAD SEA" from the Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Original Soundtrack in the update, which had already been playing in Moby Dick Pursuit I.
- This mission was "removed" from the game on August 19, 2014; however, this has changed multiple times. See Special Raid#History for more information.
|Ace Combat Infinity Missions|