A multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle (MIRV) is a missile payload that contains multiple warheads. A single missile with a MIRV payload can strike multiple targets at once. MIRV payloads can also contain dummy warheads to confuse radar and defense systems.
The Belkan V2 is the only MIRV featured in Ace Combat. The V2 was designed to strike multiple cities with nuclear warheads. The only two known V2s were destroyed: one during Operation Point Blank in 1995, and one during Operation Arcadia in 2010.
Other weapons in the Ace Combat franchise perform similarly to MIRVs but are not true MIRVs. The burst missiles deployed by the Scinfaxi and Hrimfaxi separate very closely to the ground, but they do not separate before reentry nor do they perform independent targeting. The Chandelier cruise missiles are contained within specialized shells, but they are multiple missiles with single warheads rather than multiple warheads in a single missile and they do not exit the atmosphere at any point.
- ↑ Mission 27: "ACES", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ File:V2 Schematics.png
- ↑ Mission 18: "Zero", Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Mission 27+: "The Unsung War", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Mission 05: "Rendezvous", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Mission 07: "Front Line", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Mission 13: "Demons of Razgriz", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Mission 14: "Gracemeria Patrol", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Mission 15: "Chandelier", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.