Nordennavic[a] (also spelled Nordennavik), officially the Kingdom of Nordennavic,[b] is a nation located on the northwest of the Anean continent, close to the North Pole. Due to its proximity to the pole, the country's temperature is naturally cold. It shares its only land border with Emmeria to the southeast.
Nordennavic has maintained strict diplomatic neutrality for centuries. During the Emmeria-Estovakia War, Nordennavic remained neutral in the conflict but took in a large number of Emmerian refugees. The country is also known for its thriving machine industry, which greatly contributes to its economy.
Ulysses Impact Event (1998–1999)
In July 1998, the International Astronomical Union (IAU) announced new discoveries that confirmed the Ulysses 1994XF04 impact radius now included the Anean continent in addition to Usea. After the IUN chairman and FCU agreed that Stonehenge's range would not be upgraded, nation-wide protests sprung up in Nordennavic and the other Anean nations against the IUN and FCU for their abysmal crisis management.
In July 1999, the Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid entered Earth's atmosphere and caused extensive damage and political instability across both the continents of Anea and Usea. Nordennavic is known to have suffered at least one major Ulysses impact.
Modern era (1999—)
Due to the impacts, Nordennavic's government feared that their neutrality would be contested and, in response, created the top-secret Grendel Squadron. The squadron had the objective of covertly influencing conflicts that may threaten Nordennavic and its neutrality. Grendel was secretly dispatched to influence various conflicts around the globe.
In 2006, the ISAF Bulletin had reported that the Republic of Anea (or one of its member nations) was involved in arms trading with Erusea. It is possible that Nordennavic's machine industry supplied these arms.
In the 2010s, one of Nordennavic's most prominent weapons manufacturing firms, Macmillan Heavy Industries, began investing heavily in research and development into biotechnology and human cloning.
Emmeria-Estovakia War (2015—2016)
Due to the cold climate, Nordennavic does not feature a particularly diverse set of landscapes and biomes, but it does host an abundance of lakes and forests. The nation controls the northwest of the Anean mainland, as well as a large number of islands off its coast.
Nordennavic is a kingdom and is therefore ruled by a monarch. Throughout history, the nation has opted to remain neutral during any conflict that may arise. The nation supports an intelligence agency known as Nordennavian Intelligence.
- Nordennavic (ノルデンナヴィク Noruden'naviku)
- Kingdom of Nordennavic (ノルデンナヴィク王国)
- Cutscene #02: "Realization", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Cutscene #09: "Victims of Circumstance", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Aces At War: A History 2019, page 59.
- File:Nordennavic territory.png
- "Tutorial" briefing, Ace Combat: Northern Wings. Note that due to Northern Wings contradicting certain events in other games, Acepedia considers this information to be non-canon to the Strangereal timeline. See AP:Canon for more information.
- Cutscene 02: "Realization", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- GAZE: Last Christmas
- Ace Combat: Northern Wings. Note that due to Northern Wings contradicting certain events in other games, Acepedia considers this information to be non-canon to the Strangereal timeline. See AP:Canon for more information.
- ISAF Bulletin
- GAZE: Arkbird Declaration Summit 2008.
- もっと詳しく ACE6 -- 用語解説.
- 「ゲームのためのタイポグラフィ」バンダイナムコスタジオ リードUIアーティスト三品幸彦 × 欧文書体デザイナー大曲都市 .