Nordennavic,[a] officially the Kingdom of Nordennavic,[b] is a nation located on the northwest of the Anean continent, close to the North Pole. Due it's proximity to the pole, the temperature is naturally cold. It shares its only land border with Emmeria to the southeast.
Nordennavic has maintained strict diplomatic neutrality for hundreds of years and maintains a military for strictly defensive purposes. The country is also known for its thriving machine industry, which greatly contributes to its economy.
Ulysses Impact Event and aftermath (1999)
In July 1999, the Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid entered Earth's atmosphere and caused extensive damage and political instability across both the continents of Anea and Usea. Nordennavic is known to have suffered at least one major Ulysses impact.
Modern era (1999—)
Due to the impacts, Nordennavic's government feared that their neutrality would be contested and in response, created the top-secret Grendel Squadron. The squadron had the objective of covertly influencing conflicts that may threaten Nordennavic and its neutrality. Grendel would soon after be covertly dispatched to influence various conflicts around the globe.[c]
In 2006, the ISAF Bulletin had reported that the Republic of Anea (or one of its member nations) was involved in arms trading with Erusea. It is likely that Nordennavic supplied these weapons, as many arms manufacturing firms are situated within the country.
Emmeria-Estovakia War (2015—2016)
Due to the cold climate, Nordennavic does not feature a particularly diverse set of landscapes and biomes, although, it is home to an abundance of lakes and forests.
Nordennavic is a kingdom and is therefore ruled by a monarchy. Throughout history, the nation has opted to remain neutral during any conflict that may arise.
Nordennavic maintains a military strictly for the purpose of defense. A known branch of the force is the Nordennavic Royal Air Force.
- Nordennavic is considered by some to be the Strangereal counterpart of Scandinavia.
- Grendel Squadron are named after elements of Norse mythology.
- Ludmila Tolstaya was an Estovakian medical student attending a university in the country.
- ↑ Nordennavic (ノルデンナヴィク Noruden'navu~iku)
- ↑ Kingdom of Nordennavic (ノルデンナヴィク王国)
- ↑ Since Ace Combat: Northern Wings conflicts with numerous events in established canon, Acepedia regards it non-canon. Though, no official statement has been made of its canonicity.
- ↑ Although this event, in particular, does not conflict with established canon, Ace Combat: Northern Wings conflicts with numerous other events in established canon, hence why Acepedia regards it as non-canon.