Offline is mission 14B in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception.
The new weapon under development at Cobalt Cave has been relocated to Archelon Fortress. We have learned that it's an HPM (High-Powered Microwave weapon) to be mounted to Fenrir. The weapon's targeting system relies on orbiting satellites, so we should be able to reduce the weapon's accuracy by disabling the satellite ground control center at Cobalt Cave. With the bulk of the enemy forces shifted to Archelon Fortress, the enemy poses little threat at Cobalt Cave. However, with the threat that Fenrir poses, we must take this opportunity to minimize its capabilities. Destroy all of the satellite antennas at Cobalt Cave.
The mission's primary objective is to destroy all targets. There are several planes protecting the radars; in addition, there are several SAMs and ships defending the island. After all targets are destroyed, the command center appears as a target and must be destroyed.
|Rafale M||640||2||[note 5]|
|RADAR CTRL||400||1||[note 6]|
|AA GUN||150||2||[note 7]|
|★CONT.SHIP||160||Easy||Unlocks RAMJet Engine when destroyed. [note 10]|
|FB-22 "ORCA"||1400||Normal||[note 11]|
Earning an S-Rank requires earning 12,000 points.
All satellite control centers and antennas have been destroyed. This should weaken Fenrir's microwave weapon. Archelon Fortress is the final obstacle standing between us and total victory, sir.
- After the mission update, 2 submarines will spawn and attack the player when he/she flies towards the final tracking device. One of them is called Proteus (mentioned through enemy dialogue when one of the submarines is destroyed), this is a reference to both Greek mythology and an ace from Ace Combat 5. Interestingly enough, there is an ace that uses the FB-22 Strike Raptor, the same aircraft that Proteus uses.
- Appears when three aircraft are shot down.
- Appears after five aircraft are shot down.
- Appears when seven radars are destroyed.
- Appears when ten aircraft are shot down.
- Appears after all Radars are destroyed.
- Appears when all radars are destroyed.
- Appears after the destruction of all previous SAMs.
- Appears after both AA Guns are destroyed.
- Appears when the player is near the RADAR CTRL
- Appears when all Radars are destroyed in less than five minutes.
- Appears after the final radar's destruction when eight Non-TGT ground enemies are destroyed with 1+ radars remaining.