- This article is about an in-universe event. For the in-game mission, see The Liberation of Gracemeria.
Operation Free Gracemeria, also known as the Liberation of Gracemeria, was one of the largest battles of the Emmeria-Estovakia War, and marks the liberation of the Republic of Emmeria from the Federal Republic of Estovakia's hegemony.
In the past few months, the Emmerian military managed to retake most of the Anean continent from Estovakian hegemony, razing every single main enemy installation in their way. Along the road back to Gracemeria, they managed to score several victories, such as the destruction of the Aerial Fleet and the P-1112 Aigaion, and even managed to subvert a scorched-earth policy threat to the capital. With nothing able to stop them now, the Emmerian were finally ready to free Emmeria once and for all.
On March 31, 2016, the Emmerians started the recapture of their capital, Gracemeria. Approximately 393 Estovakian vehicles fought to protect the territory, while 141 Emmerian vehicles fought to take back their beloved land. The mission was set into six operations:
- Operation A, where the Steel Gunners Battalion took back Gracemeria Air Force Base.
- Operation B, where the Dragon Busters Battalion took back the capitol building.
- Operation C, where Warlock Separate Battalion in taking back the radio station.
- Operation D, which was a naval battle between the Estovakian Navy and the Republic of Emmeria Navy.
- Operation E, where Windhover Squadron and others destroyed all Estovakian ESM planes.
- Operation F, where Avalanche Squadron and others destroyed Estovakian radar jammer aircraft.
This battle became very intense, but eventually, the city was successfully recaptured.
After the city's liberation, the Strigon Team arrived on station, whereupon their new leader, Ilya Pasternak, ordered all 9th Tactical Fighter Squadron members to retreat and head back to Estovakia, explaining to them that he alone would handle the Garuda Team. Pasternak then flew into Gracemeria and challenged Talisman to a dogfight to see which was truly an Ace. After a long and deadly battle, Pasternak was defeated.
The Liberation of Gracemeria signified the end of the offensive. Later that night, the Emmerians would carry out a patrol of the city. During the patrol, the city came under fire by Estovakian-launched cruise missiles struck the city, their origin being the Chandelier. The city was not wiped out, however, due to rapid actions by the Garuda Team.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Liberation of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Briefing prior to The Liberation of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Ragno Fortress, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Heavy Command Cruiser, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Weapons of Mass Destruction, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Gracemeria Patrol, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation