The Osean Air Defense Force (OADF), colloquially referred to as the Osean Air Force, is the aerial warfare service branch of the Osean Defense Forces. It is one of the largest air forces in the world and utilizes highly-advanced aircraft such as the ADF-01 FALKEN.
The Osean Air Defense Force was first known to have deployed in 1995, during the Belkan War. Following Belka's expansion into neighboring territory on March 25, the Osean military formed an alliance with the Republic of Ustio and created the Allied Forces along with Yuktobania and Sapin. They would participate in various operations throughout the war, most notably Operations Battle-Axe and Cannibal. Following the end of the war, the OADF would recruit a number of Belkan pilots into their ranks.
In 2010, the OADF would once again see action during the Circum-Pacific War. The Air Force played an important role throughout the war, defending the Osean Federation from the initial attacks and later participating in the invasion of Yuktobania. In particular, the Wardog Squadron became a major source for Osean Army's morale, gaining a reputation as the "Demons of Razgriz" following Operation Long Harpoon where they sank the Yuktobanian underwater submarine, Hrimfaxi, in the Razgriz Straits. During the final hours of the war, several OADF squadrons would participate in the Battle of Sudentor, both assisting the Ghosts of Razgriz in making access to the SOLG's control facility and fighting against them, attempting to claim the SOLG's nuclear payload for themselves.
In 2019, the Kingdom of Erusea declared war on the Osean Federation and once again, the OADF was deployed. During the Lighthouse War, the force would be deployed during various operations, either seconded to the IUN-PKF or independently as the Long Range Strategic Strike Group. During the conflict, however, the OADF was severely hampered when its military satellite network was destroyed by Erusean fighters just as Osean pilots did the same to theirs.
The Osean Air Defense Force follows a traditional air force structure. It is divided into large groups, wings, which are then divided into smaller groups and squadrons. While the body responsible for commanding the force itself is the Osean Air Defense Force Central Command, OADF fighter squadrons, as well as fighter squadrons of Osean Maritime Defense Force during emergency situations, are under the jurisdiction of the Air Combat Commando group. The OADF also features smaller sub-divisions, including a Technology Development Bureau.
8th Air Division
5th Fighter Wing
- Wardog Squadron
- 703rd Maintenance Squadron
- Alpha Squadron
- Delta Squadron
- Halo Squadron
- Omega Squadron
- Rapier Squadron
- Viking Squadron
- Viper Squadron
- Drake Squadron
- Salamander Squadron
Assigned to IUN Peacekeeping Force
Fort Grays Island Air Base Squadron
Airborne Warning and Control
The Osean Air Defense Force has employed a wide variety of aircraft, ranging from ground assault aircraft to state-of-the-art fighters, such as the YF-23A Black Widow II.
- F-4G Phantom II Wild Weasel
- F-5E Tiger II
- F-104C Starfighter
- F-14A Tomcat
- F-14D Super Tomcat (Owned by the Osean Maritime Defense Force.)
- F-15C Eagle
- F-15E Strike Eagle
- F-16C Fighting Falcon
- F/A-18C Hornet (Owned by the Osean Maritime Defense Force.)
- F/A-18F Super Hornet (Owned by the Osean Maritime Defense Force.)
- EA-18G Growler (Owned by the Osean Maritime Defense Force.)
- F-22A Raptor
- YF-23A Black Widow II
- F-35C Lightning II (Owned by the Osean Maritime Defense Force.)
- EF-2000 Typhoon
- Mirage 2000D
- Mirage 2000-5
- MiG-21bis Fishbed
- MiG-29A Fulcrum
- MiG-1.44 Flatpack
- Su-33 Flanker-D (Owned by the Osean Maritime Defense Force.)
- X-02 Wyvern
- ADF-01 Falken
- ADFX-01 Morgan
Sand Island, an island where resides an abandoned base since 2010 located in the Ceres Ocean
Heierlark Air Force Base in North Osea/South Belka.
Osean Air Defense Force Spare Squadron during Operation Flush
Osean F-15C Eagle
- In the European release of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, the name of the OADF is
- changed to "Osean Air Defence Force", following British spelling conventions.
- The Osean Air Defense Force (as portrayed in AC5) is based on the real-world United States Air Force (USAF), bearing distinctly similar service dress uniforms, flight suits, aircraft, rank structure, and organizational structure (albeit outdated; the USAF stopped using the Air Division command level in 1992). However it should be noted that in the USAF, Airman First Class is an enlisted rank and in the USAF enlisted personnel cannot serve as pilots or undergo flight training.
- It is unclear if Osea formed an official air force during the Osean War.
- Scene 02: "A Record of The Belkan War", Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- Mission 10: "Mayhem", Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- Mission 11: "The Inferno", Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- Cutscene 16: "Fortress #1", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- Mission 05: "Rendezvous", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- Mission 13: "Demons of Razgriz", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- Mission 15: "Battle for Farbanti", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War - Assault Records #004.
- Mission 27: "ACES", Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- Ace Combat 25th Anniversary Wallpaper
- Cutscene 01, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.