The Delphinus #2 was an evolved model of the R-101 Delphinus #1, developed by Neucom to build on the success of the original version. It used a similar yet enlarged design, and used a single jet engine with a higher thrust-to-weight ratio as a powerplant, making it highly agile in combat.
It was introduced in early 2040, being deployed during the Intercorporate War along with the Delphinus #1. The R-102 was the first mass-production jet in existence to use energy weapons as part of its main arsenal, having a pulse laser serving the role of a conventional machine gun.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "A successor to the Delphinus #1 focused heavily on turning ability. The Delphinus #1 received worldwide attention and the groans of those in the military with its advanced technology but, unwilling to stop, the Delphinus #2 was the result of further improvements. By using only a single engine, wing loading was decreased and it succeeded in gaining more mobility."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japanese version: Available after joining Neucom and completing "Power for Life".
- International version: Complete "Conspiracy".
- Power: 60
- Attack: 80
- Defense: 50
- Stability: 50
- Mobility: 80
- Length: 20.52 m
- Width: 13.2 m
- Height: 4.5 m
- Weight: 9,057 kg
- Maximum speed
- Japanese Release: 3,304 km/h
- International Release: 4,129 km/h
- Damage Tolerance/Armor: Light
- Class: Mutirole