The R-211 Orcinus is a ground attack aircraft created by Neucom Incorporated.
The aircraft is named after the scientific name of the killer whale, Orcinus orca. This is reflected in its body, which is painted in a black and white livery reminiscent of a killer whale's colors.
The second ground attack aircraft of the R-series, the R-211 was first conceived as an evolution and upgrade to the R-201 Asterozoa. The Orcinus boasted stronger engines, greater damage resistance, stability, and enhanced air combat capability.
As with the R-201, the R-211 uses a combination of laser weapons and air-to-ground missiles, and uses similar wing morphing technology. It entered service with Neucom in 2040, seeing combat action in the Intercorporate War.
Although the craft made sporadic appearances in the Intercorporate War, its most major contribution was, should Nemo remain with the group, when UPEO commander Gilbert Park ordered S.A.R.F. to utilize the R-211U variant to assault General Resource housing and high-rise areas, under the guise of attacking armories. As a result of using the Neucom craft for the operation, mixed in with radar jamming as a result of the UI-4053 Sphyrna, General Resource blamed Neucom for the attack, provoking a massive, violent conflict.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "An aircraft designed to close in and destroy ground targets at high speed. The R-201 Asterozoa was the main ground attack aircraft in use, but its low top speed left something to be desired. This craft was developed as a supersonic attack aircraft, and as a result it has a top speed comparable to other classes of aircraft. It has excellent defense and stability, but its turning ability is mediocre."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japanese version: Available after joining Neucom and completing "Power for Life". It also must be used in "Pawns in the Game", but cannot be used at any other time in the UPEO branch.
- International version: Complete "Conspiracy".
- Power: 80
- Attack: 80
- Defense: 80
- Stability: 90
- Mobility: 25
- Length: 22.56 m
- Wingspan: 8.2 m
- Height: 2.21 m
- Weight: 12,022 kg
- Max speed
- Japanese Release: 3,304 km/h
- International Release: 3,757 km/h
- Damage Tolerance/Armor: Normal
- Class: Medium Attacker