The Rafale M -Golden Gale- is a modified version of the Rafale M featuring a gold design. It was originally featured in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation as the Rafale M -SHINING WING-, part of the Dark, Shining Set DLC pack; the skin was later used as a Special Aircraft in Ace Combat Infinity.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A special version of the Rafale M featuring a gold color design.
Defense and stability have been improved, and this "Golden Gale" will surely be a force to be reckoned with against ground-based enemies."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The aircraft was only available as a Team Deathmatch Ranking Tournament reward in late November 2014.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.11 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||31 / 38||33 / 38||32 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||33 / 40||35 / 40||34 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||34 / 41||36 / 41||35 / 41|
|Lv.20||35 / 42||37 / 42||36 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Fair Wind of Good Luck nickname for use at any time.
- Default: Gold body with a black trim
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- "A modified sky painting aircraft for shows and exhibitions, this aircraft is equipped with collared smoke missiles. The missile payload has been maximised for show purposes."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- Must be purchased in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace through the Dark, Shining Set.
- As is standard for the Colored Wing lineup, this Rafale M is an airshow type aircraft given a special paintjob. The aircraft is given a chrome gold paintjob, save for the nose and wing tips which are colored black. It is also of note that, upon further inspection, the wings of the aircraft have a sort of 'tribal' design on them. When missiles are fired, they leave behind a yellow smoke trail, akin to that of the earlier A-10A -XMAS- as well as the F-16 Idolmaster Aircraft. In terms of performance, the stats are left as they are, except for the air-to-air and air-to-ground stats which are maxed out. This makes the Shining Wing Rafale M an even more potent multirole aircraft, and is now more useful for air-to-air fighting. Also, the standard missiles receive a large boost to 800, giving more than enough for missions and online battles. It is an overall great aircraft, and is superior to the Rafale M -ESPADA- despite the ESPADA's boosts.