The Republic of Emmeria Air Force (REAF), also referred to as the Emmerian Air Force, is the aerial warfare service branch of the Emmerian military. A large and highly-skilled air force, it utilizes a plethora of respectable aircraft such as the F-15E Strike Eagle, F-16C Fighting Falcon, F-2A and Typhoon, among others.
The only known major deployments of the Air Force were during the Ulysses Impact Event preparations and the Emmeria-Estovakia War. During the Emmeria-Estovakia War, Estovakia was only able to suppress the Emmerian Air Force due to the firepower of their Aerial Fleet. Following its destruction, the Estovakian Air Force was unable to stop Emmeria's advance. The Air Force also occasionally performs airshows with modified aircraft.
- 1 History
- 2 Structure
- 3 Aircraft List
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Ulysses Impact Event
In 1999, as part of a relief plan devised by the Emmerian government and Lord Alberto Lawrence, Republic of Emmeria Air Force aircraft participated in evacuating refugees from areas most likely to be struck by the Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid.
The Republic of Emmeria Air Force saw major deployment during the Emmeria-Estovakia War. Before then, the air force was primarily used for regional defense. The first deployment during the war was during the Invasion of Gracemeria, when Estovakia first attacked Emmeria. During the battle, Nimbus missiles caused numerous squadrons to be lost and a large portion of the Emmerians would retreat to Vitoze on Khesed Island.
In the closing months of 2015, the Emmerian Air Force would aid be a key factor in driving Estovakian forces from the island of Khesed. Following their victory on the island, they would proceed to take part in a landing operation on the Anean mainland. The Khesed Island forces would then go on to rescuing Emmerian forces pinned down at Silvat Town, among the forces rescued was the 3rd Air Division. Now with a significantly larger force, they pushed further inland towards their capital, accumulating many decisive victories along the way. This included liberating San Loma and destroying the P-1112 Aigaion, which ended the Nimbus missile threat and threw Estovakia on the backfoot.
With the threat eliminated, they would eventually push into their former capital of Gracemeria and liberate it. The following night, Estovakia launched a retaliation strike on the city with the Chandelier and numerous fighter squadrons. Emmerian squadrons patrolling over the city would intercept the cruise missiles and the city would emerge relatively unscathed. The following day, multiple Emmerian squadrons would investigate an area near Sonne Island. During the investigation, they came across the Chandelier and proceeded to attack it. The battle concluded when Talisman flew into the weapon's barrel and destroyed it from the inside.
Belkan War commemoration
On June 30, 2020, after being invited by the Osean Federation, Emmeria attended a ceremony commemorating 25 years since of the end of the Belkan War. To participate in the event, the Republic of Emmeria Air Force sent the original Garuda Team F-15E Strike Eagles and five F-2As to be showcased at Redmill Air Force Base alongside the aircraft of multiple foreign nations. Many members of the Emmerian Air Force witnessed the ceremony, including Talisman.
3rd Air Division
8th Air Division
- Cerberus Team
- Nazca Team
- Disco Team
- 2nd Strike Fighter Squadron "Avalanche" (Republic of Emmeria Navy)
- Unknown airshow squadrons
- Anna Squadron (Siege Battle)
- Nina Squadron (Siege Battle)
Airborne Warning and Control
303rd Airborne Air Control Squadron
- F-4E Phantom II
- F-16C Fighting Falcon
- Mirage 2000-5
- F-15E Strike Eagle
- A-10A Thunderbolt II
- F-22A Raptor
- Su-33 Flanker-D
- Su-47 Berkut
- F/A-18F Super Hornet
- F/A-18E Super Hornet (owned by the Republic of Emmeria Navy)
- Rafale M
- F-14D Super Tomcat
- CFA-44 Nosferatu
- Tornado GR.4
- F-117A Nighthawk
- In Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, every single Emmerian aircraft sports the default Garuda Team livery–complete with Garuda emblems and 'GM 028' tail code–despite this not being representative of the canon.
- This is evident as DLC for the game was based on canon Emmerian squadron liveries.
- Ace Combat Infinity provided even more canon accurate aircraft.
- Cutscene following Gracemeria Patrol, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- File:KC-10 AC6 Flyby.jpg.
- Description of "8th Air Division" Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown emblem.
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Assault Record #35 - Daniel Pollini.
- FRONT LINE Special Issue: The Aerial Fleet. Retrieved on March 4, 2019.
- GAZE: Last Christmas
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- F-22A -INDIGO WING- description, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ワールドニュース -- GAZE. Official Ace Combat 6 website. Retrieved on April 21, 2019.
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Assault Records #45 - Garuda 1.
- Mission 01: "Invasion of Gracemeria", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Bartolomeo Fortress, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Mission 05: "Anea Landing", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Mission 06: "Siege on Silvat", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- San Loma Assault, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Heavy Command Cruiser, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- The Liberation of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Gracemeria Patrol, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Chandelier, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Su-33 -Crimson Wing- description, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Su-47 -VIOLET WING-
- Assault Record #41 - SNAKE PIT, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Assault Record #39 - Wayne O'Neill, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- Cutscene following "Invasion of Gracemeria", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- F-16C -Windhover-
- Ace Combat 25th Anniversary Wallpaper
- Assault Record #37 - Stephen McCarthy, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- F-15E -Talisman-
- F-15E -Shamrock-
- File:Ace Combat 6 Box Art Digital 2019.png
- Stingray Squadron.
- File:Emmerian Navy Hornets On Carrier.jpg
- Rafale M -Shining Wing-
- F-14D -JUNGLE WING-
- Masato Kanno's tweet regarding whether Emmeria has CFA-44s.
- Mission 07: "Selumna Peak", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- F-16C -HISTORIC WINDHOVER-
- F-16C -Windhover-
- F/A-18F -Avalanche-