STONEHENGE RETURNS II is a Special Raid mission in Ace Combat Infinity that only appears after completion of an Online Co-Op Mission. It takes place at an upgraded Stonehenge Type-3. The premise involves the reactivation of the Stonehenge railgun system, requiring players to destroy it once more.
We've detected new developments concerning the surface-to-air railgun "Stonehenge". Our Intelligence Section indicates that the materials used in its construction have undergone a complete review, increasing the basic toughness of the cannons. You must destroy this new and improved Stonehenge, codenamed "Red Ring", before it unleashes its massive destructive power upon our forces.
As with STONEHENGE RETURNS I, players start off at south-east of Stonehenge and must first destroy the four groups of three ECM jammer towers surrounding the railguns. They will be under attack by Stonehenge Red Ring's railguns, whose firing rate is greater than that of the normal variant.
Upon destruction of the ECM facilities, MiG-31B Foxhounds will appear, which must be shot down before the three ECM jammers towers inside Stonehenge can be targeted. Once the jammers are destroyed, the railguns can then be targeted and destroyed to complete the objective.
To finish the mission with an S rank:
- Destroy the 4 ECM stations. You can not lock onto them with your missiles, and so will need to dumb-fire them or use your machine guns and unguided special weapons. Destroying the AA defenses around these jammers is not required for an S rank; they will be removed from the level once the stations are all destroyed.
- After all four ECM stations are completely destroyed, a squadron of MiG-31Bs will arrive near the last one to fall. These are required targets. Other enemy aircraft spawn at the same time, but do not need to be shot down right away.
- Once the squadron has been destroyed, three more jamming towers in the center of the ring of railguns can be attacked.
- After the destruction of the jammers, the cannons, nearby AA defenses, and aircraft either left over from the MiG-31B wave or taking off from nearby runways can all be targeted and destroyed as normal. All of them need to be destroyed within the time limit, before all eight cannons themselves are destroyed, for an S rank.
C or B Rank
While we failed to completely silence Stonehenge Red Ring, we have at least put a stop to their attack plans in the vicinity for the foreseeable future.
However, having failed to completely destroy Stonehenge, we must be ready to face the emergence of that threat again in the future.
Your actions have silenced Stonehenge Red Ring.
This will surely impact the enemy's operations within the Turkey region now.
Your exemplary flying has aided in completely silencing Stonehenge Red Ring.
With the threat of Stonehenge removed, the superiority of our forces in the region is becoming more established.
- The mission is called STONEHENGE RETURN II in the Japanese version of the game and the English version of the 1.03 Update trailer.
- Completing the mission unlocks the "EM Railgun Destruction Mission Medal of Valor (Red)" emblem and the "Shooting Star" nickname.
|Ace Combat Infinity Missions|