In order to destroy the P-1112 Aigaion, the Emmerian military devised a plan in which they would use Cavallia Air Force Base in San Loma to launch a surprise attack on the Aerial Fleet. Despite fierce Estovakian resistance and support from the Aigaion, the Emmerians were able to liberate the city.
After the battle at the Selumna Peaks, the Emmerian military began to devise a plan to destroy the Estovakian cruise missile threat. Ultimately, they concluded that Cavallia Air Force Base in the Estovakian-occupied city of San Loma would be ideal.
Three major operations took place during the battle: Warlock Separate Battalion, escorted by Windhover Squadron, advanced from the north and engaged enemy ground forces; Bomber Unit Stork and Hammerhead Squadron, escorted by Sky Kid Squadron, bombed Estovakian defensive and electronic warfare emplacements; the 2nd Fleet, escorted by Avalanche Squadron, moved in from the Fuscum Sea to engage a numerically superior Estovakian fleet before moving into Doypalm Bay to attack San Loma directly.
As the Emmerians began to drive back the Estovakian forces, the P-1112 Aigaion began to provide Nimbus missile support from over the Fuscum Sea, using Marker Drones to guide the missiles to their targets.
- "San Loma Assault (mission)", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- Aces At War: A History 2019, Page 62.
- The Aerial Fleet. Retrieved on August 21, 2020.
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Assault Records #26 - Vaslav Reynek.
- Briefing prior to "San Loma Assault", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- "Heavy Command Cruiser", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation