- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Countdown.
Shattered Skies is the eighth campaign mission of Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies. This is a large-scale air-to-air operation that requires the player to take part in a massive dogfight between the ISAF and Erusean air forces.
A recon satellite will be launched from the Comona Islands rocket base to support our mainland operations. The Eruseans responded by deploying a large number of their air-superiority fighters to prevent the launch. A large-scale air battle is expected. We must win this battle to maintain our air superiority. We've only got one window of opportunity for this launch. Shoot down as many fighters as possible to preserve top cover over the rocket base.
In the first part of the mission, the player needs to shoot down as many enemy fighters as possible. The mission's score requirement depends on the player's selected difficulty:
- Easy or lower: 400
- Normal or higher: 800
The player must surpass the point threshold within seven minutes to advance the mission.
Yellow Squadron makes its second appearance in this mission. In the first part of the mission, they appear as optional targets; the player, however, cannot shoot down a Yellow, but merely damages one. After a Yellow is damaged, the entire squadron retreats from the airspace. If the player has shot down enough aircraft when the timer expires, the second part of the mission will begin.
AWACS SkyEye will inform all allies that B-2A Spirit bombers are approaching the rocket base from the west. The mission will end in a success when the new six-minute timer expires with all six bombers shot down.
|Initial||SU-37 "YELLOW"||120||5||[note 1]|
|Mission Update||B-2||150||6||[note 2]|
|F/A-18C "VAISALA"||240||1||[note 3]|
The rocket launch proceeded smoothly and all systems are go. Preparations for providing our troops with vital tactical data is now complete.
- Friendly C-17s and C-130s are parked on the Comona air base tarmac. Despite not displaying a friendly target box on the HUD, firing on them will still cause AWACS SkyEye to warn the player to hold their fire.
- The Yellows cannot be destroyed, but damaging any of their planes will cause all of them to withdraw from the airspace.
- The B2s will spawn to the west of the combat area and will move towards the launch site.
- The player must have completed the campaign, and must be playing on Normal difficulty or higher. Vaisala appears above the second Comona Island located to the east of the rocket base.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Official Guide Book, pages 044-045.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Perfect Guide, pages 086-089.
|Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies Missions|