Stingray Squadron, officially the 5th Fighter Squadron, is a Republic of Emmeria Air Force squadron within the 3rd Air Division. The squadron was assigned to Emmeria's Eastern Region Air Defense and is stationed at Gracemeria Air Force Base.
Although Stingray Squadron is usually stationed at Gracemeria Air Force Base, during the Estovakian invasion of Gracemeria, the squadron was out flying routine training exercises. As a result, they were unavailable to help defend their Gracemeria when enemy forces invaded.
Following news that Gracemeria had fallen, they started moving west to regroup with Emmerian forces. By chance, the squadron came across some Emmerian ground units and decided to stick with them until they eventually reached Silvat Town.
Later, Silvat Town was surrounded by the enemy and the standoff in Silvat Town had begun. The battle which would last months eventually came to an end when the Emmerian forces from Khesed Island eventually managed to break the stalemate and secure the area. With Rawllins Plain now under control, the Emmerian military pushed further inland.
Following the victory at Silvat, they advanced with Emmerian forces through the Selumna Peaks, they aided in liberating the city of San Loma and were deployed during the battle of the Moloch Desert.
Following the Emmerian Air Force's discovery of the Chandelier, the squadron was deployed and they flew towards Sonne Island to aid in the ongoing battle. The battle would conclude in the successful destruction of the Estovakian railgun and the squadron would soon return home.
- The call signs for this squadron's named pilots are mainly derived from Australian maritime wildlife, although the call sign "Bolter" in naval aviation lingo usually refers to a pilot that misses the arresting cable on an aircraft carrier.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Siege on Silvat, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Assault Records #38 - Justin Suzuki.
- ↑ Selumna Peak, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ San Loma Assault, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Ragno Fortress, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ The Liberation of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Chandelier (mission), Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation