Stonehenge Offensive is the 12th campaign mission of Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies. It is one of the game's climaxes, as the player is finally given the chance to destroy Stonehenge and confront the notorious Yellow Squadron.
We will attack Stonehenge, the lethal weapon that has plagued ISAF for so long. Since it was designed to shoot down asteroids, a few small fighters flying unpredictable high-speed courses should be able to get within range. According to the defectors, its central ECM jamming system disrupts our radar and missile guidance systems. Unless this system is destroyed, our mission will be very difficult to execute. HQ predicts a 40% casualty rate for all deployed aircraft. It'll be a tough mission, but one we can't avoid. Now go and reclaim the skies over the mainland! Dismissed!
As soon as the mission begins, the player will be warned to dive below 2,000 feet, and should do so. However, when flying close to the Stonehenge facility, the player is free to go above this altitude. Direct hits from the railguns on the player's aircraft are still possible, so the player should avoid flying directly in front of them.
The only objective is to destroy all seven of the operational Stonehenge railguns. Three different target points are marked on each cannon: the tip of the barrel, the rotating base, or the body of the cannon. Destroying any one of them will destroy the entire railgun. It's highly recommended to attack the body, since the barrel and base require precise angles and are very difficult to accurately hit.
While near the facility, the player will not be able to lock on to any ground targets, including Stonehenge. The player must destroy the jammer in the center of the facility to restore lock on. However, destroying the railguns is still possible with unguided weapons.
After all seven railguns are destroyed, Yellow Squadron will appear once again. This time, all five Yellows are marked as targets, and the player is ordered to shoot them down. However, the mission will end in success as soon as one of them (who turns out to be Yellow 4 no matter what) is shot down. The four remaining Yellows will then retreat.
|Mission Update||SU-37 "YELLOW"||150||5||[note 3]|
|F-2A "URATA"||240||1||[note 4]|
An S rank for this mission requires 2,700 points on Normal difficulty or above (2,500 points on Easy difficulty or below). The player will earn only 1,900 points by destroying the designated targets. Therefore, the player should forestall destroying the last Stonehenge railgun until all AA ground targets and some of the bandits in the air have been destroyed. The final railgun should be destroyed as soon as the player has earned 2,300 points; the railgun and Yellow 4 will then bring the player's score to 2,700.
We've reached a turning point, and hope this victory will bring about a quick end to the war.
- The mission's C rank requirement is 1,750 points, which is impossible to obtain because completing the mission will grant the player a minimum of 1,900 points.
- If the player returns to base when flying a land-based aircraft, they can see a smoking MiG-29A surrounded by airport fire engines on the tarmac.
- This mission's title is referenced in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown with the mission Stonehenge Defensive, which is also the 12th mission in that game, and features the opposite objective of defending Stonehenge from attacking Erusean forces.
- Prevents the player's missiles from locking on to targets while they are nearby.
- Each Stonehenge turret has three target areas. Firing at the barrel with one missile will destroy it, but it is hard to hit.
- Only one Yellow can be shot down, as it will end the mission.
- The player must have completed the campaign, and must be playing on Normal difficulty or higher. Urata is located north of Stonehenge.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Official Guide Book, pages 052-053.
|Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies Missions|