The Sukhoi Su-24MP Fencer is a Soviet-built ELINT (Electronic Signals Intelligence) variant of the original Su-24 Fencer model, intended to replace the Yakovlev Yak-28 Brewer-E. New upgrades to the Fencer-F model include additional antennas for intelligence-gathering sensors and omittion of the laser/TV fairing, yet it retains the original's capability to carry up to four AA-8 Aphid missiles for self-defense. The Fencer lacks internal cannons. In game it instead has two UPK-23-250 gun pods mounted on underwing pylons, much like the Su-25 Frogfoot and MiG-21bis Fishbed. Notably, only ten models of the Su-24MP were ever built.
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- "A large scale fighter that is also noted for its use as an electronic warfare aircraft. It can be equipped with an ECM (electronic countermeasure) pod that can scramble the enemy's missile guidance. The variable wings provide increased shift stability and allow for stable flight at any speed level. Its NATO codename is "Fencer". It has enhanced endurance compared to other fighter planes because of its heavy armor."
- ― In-game description.
The Su-24MP is one of the new aircraft included in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. It was first seen in the announcement trailer, where a single allied Fencer and Su-25 was briefly seen assisting a player-controlled A-10A in attacking an enemy Kirov-class cruiser, only to be shot down by one of its SAM launchers.
In the game itself, the Su-24MP appears in "Hostile Fleet" as allies flown by the Russian Molot Squadron and Varona Squadron, who assist the Warwolf Squadron atttacking the enemy fleet, and in "Hurricane" as hostile trying to stop the player from getting to Akula and Illich.
- Color 1: Russian Air Force/Warwolf Squadron. Powder blue.
- Color 2: New Russian Federation. Brown camouflage pattern.
- Color 3: Russian Air Force/Warwolf Squadron. Russian Federation flag design.
Ace Combat Infinity
The Su-24MP makes a return in Ace Combat Infinity. Unlike in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, the aircraft is now categorized under "Multirole" class rather than "Fighter" class. It can be equipped with ECM, UGB, or ESM.
- "An Electronic warfare version of the Su-24, a large fighter bomber developed by the old Soviet Union. Can carry an ECM (electronic counter measures) pod that interferes with enemy missile guidance. Variable wins heighten variable speed capabilities, providing stable flight within every speed range. Its NATO codename is "Fencer-F". Fitted with thick armor, it is also tougher than comparable fighters of the same generation."
- ― Hangar
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||25 / 38||25 / 38||25 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||27 / 40||27 / 40||27 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||28 / 41||28 / 41||28 / 41|
|Lv.20||29 / 42||29 / 42||29 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels unlocked the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Jammer
- Lv.10: Variable Wing Maniac
- Lv.15: Perun
- In Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, the Su-24MP is the only aircraft in Fighter class that has ECMP for its special weapon, with the rest under Multirole class. It is also the only Russian aircraft that can carry ECMP.
- The Su-24 Fencer was first conceived as a low-level, high-speed ground attack aircraft, a role it shared with the F-111 Aardvark.