The Su-30SM is an upgraded version of the Su-30M2 Flanker-F2, itself a two-seater multirole combat variant of the Su-27 Flanker-B. It was first introduced to the series in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
In 2019, Mihaly A. Shilage, a former ace pilot, flew a customized Su-30SM with an EASA artificial intelligence known as Copro acting as his co-pilot. During the Lighthouse War, Mihaly flew the Su-30SM during multiple operations, often leading Sol Squadron into battle.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A multirole fighter based on the Su-30, developed internally but available for export. Featuring canards and thrust vectoring nozzles for increased agility, the craft was further enhanced with the latest avionics."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The Su-30SM is available on the Aircraft Tree and it costs 850,000 MRP. It requires purchasing the Su-30M2 Flanker-F2.
- BODY: 32
- ARMS: 32
- MISC: 32
- Osea: Four tone White, Grey, Ice Blue and Blue camouflage
- Erusea: White/light grey/dark grey camouflage based on a Malaysian prototype for the Su-30MKM.
- Special: Mihaly's aircraft livery; dark grey with orange and white wingtips. (Unlock: Shoot down Mihaly in 5 minutes in the mission "Lost Kingdom" without using special weapons.)
- Mage: Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings.
- Spare: Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings.
- Strider: Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings.
- The orange outer wings and tails on the Erusean Su-30SMs resemble those of the unmanned F-4E Phantom II and F-16C Fighting Falcons used by the United States Air Force as target drones (QF-4 and QF-16, respectively).