The Su-30SM is an upgraded version of the Su-30M2 Flanker-F2, itself a two-seater multirole combat variant of the Su-27 Flanker-B. It was first introduced to the series in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
In 2019, Mihaly A. Shilage, a former ace pilot, flew a customized Su-30SM with an EASA artificial intelligence known as Copro acting as his co-pilot. During the Lighthouse War, Mihaly flew the Su-30SM during multiple operations, often leading Sol Squadron into battle. Trigger first encountered this aircraft during Operation Dual Wielder, in which Mihaly suddenly arrived and engaged Golem, Gargoyle and Mage Squadron, in which he shot down Gargoyle 1 and Brownie in the midst of the battle against Arsenal Bird Liberty and its fleet of MQ-101s. The aircraft withdrew before a counterattack could be attempted.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A multirole fighter based on the Su-30, developed internally but available for export. Featuring canards and thrust vectoring nozzles for increased agility, the craft was further enhanced with the latest avionics."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The Su-30SM is available on the Aircraft Tree and it costs 850,000 MRP. It requires purchasing the Su-30M2 Flanker-F2.
- BODY: 32
- ARMS: 32
- MISC: 32
- Osea: Four tone White, Grey, Ice Blue and Blue camouflage
- Erusea: White/light grey/dark grey camouflage based on a Malaysian prototype for the Su-30MKM.
- Special: Mihaly's aircraft livery; dark grey with orange and white wingtips. (Unlock: Shoot down Mihaly in 5 minutes in the mission "Lost Kingdom" without using special weapons.)
- Mage: Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings.
- Spare: Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings.
- Strider: Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings.
- Mihaly: Special skin with Sol 1 markings (DLC: Purchase via the ADFX-01 Morgan Set)
- The orange outer wings and tails on the Erusean Su-30SMs resemble those of the unmanned F-4E Phantom II and F-16C Fighting Falcons used by the United States Air Force as target drones (QF-4 and QF-16, respectively).