The Su-33 -Crimson Wing- is a downloadable aircraft in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. It was released on February 28, 2008 with Pack 05, priced at $2.49 (200 Microsoft Points before they were retired). It was later featured in Ace Combat Infinity as a Special Aircraft.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A special version of the Su-33 special aircraft with an eye-catching red and black color scheme.
Characterized by an increased in mobility combined with a carefully balanced increase in weaponry.
Due to its incredible flying performance, it was even used for a while in acrobatic aerial performance, but circumstances eventually forced it to fly on the front lines again.
The cost to the enemy of witnessing each new acrobatic maneuver was steep - nothing less than their lives."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The aircraft was first available as a top 1,000 reward from the "[Back Again!] Destroy the Enemy Forces" Online Co-Op Missions Ranking Tournament in late August 2015.
- It was permanently added to the Skilled Pilot Medal Exchange on October 31, 2016, priced at 20 medals.
- Part Slots
- At Lv.1, this aircraft carried 25 BODY, 25 ARMS, and 25 MISC part slots. See Tuning § Slot Expansion for further information.
- Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Crimson nickname for use at any time.
- Default: Red body with black wingtips and Republic of Emmeria Air Force roundel
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- This particular Su-33 Flanker-D, as with all other aircraft in this "line" has been specially customized for airshows. It is painted with a crimson coating, while the nose, wingtips and ends of the tailplane are painted black. As well, the smoke trails of all fired projectiles are colored red.
- The aircraft has been given a massive performance upgrade. Air-to-air and air-to-ground have been upgraded to their zenith, while all other stats remain untouched. Missile capacity has been increased fivefold to 800; in the other hand, the reload rate has been maximized.
- Players could use one Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form instead of credits for the Lv.6 upgrade.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.13 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.