The Su-35S Flanker-E, also known as the Su-35 Flanker-E, is a fighter aircraft featuring improvements over the Su-27 Flanker-B. It made its first Ace Combat appearance in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, replacing the Su-35 Super Flanker from previous games.
Su-35Ss were operated in the Lighthouse War by the Erusean Air Force, the Su-35S wasn't often seen until the later part of the war. During Operation Werewolf, a flight of Su-35s, were deployed late in the battle to reinforce the failing defenses of the base, however they were all shot down by Trigger and the rest of Strider Squadron. Later, during Operation Gorgon, Su-35S ace Lieutenant Colonel Emeric Pons, callsign "Axeman", was engaged by Trigger and shot down over Anchorhead. Su-35s with a UCAV configuration were deployed during Operation Gorgon and Operation Daredevil.
Assault Horizon universe
The Su-35S was obtained and used by the New Russian Federation as one of its primary fighter. It was Andrei Markov's signature aircraft which featured a shark mouth nose design until William Bishop shot him down during air battle above Moscow. During the invasion of Miami and the attack of Washington, D.C., NRF used it as its mainstay fighter. In the attack on Washington D.C. several Russian Su-35 pilots were instructed by Markov to conduct suicide attacks on various targets such as USS Anzio and Charlie Wen in order to make room for him to launch the last Trinity warhead on the White House. However, their suicidal deaths were in vain when Bishop destroyed the last Trinity warhead, allowing it to detonate safely on Tidal Basin and ending the NRF for good.
Wernher and Noah Enterprises reproduced the Su-35S with their Advanced Automated Aviation Plant and made it available for mercenaries to purchase around the world. During Operation Eternal Liberation, this fighter was preferred by a small number of United Nations Forces pilots.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A fighter designed to replace the old Su-27. It gets its excellent mobility from the latest avionics and thrust vectoring nozzles. Loaded with a rich armament, it is suited for combat at all ranges."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The Su-35S is available on the Aircraft Tree and it costs 850,000 MRP. It requires purchasing the Su-37 Terminator.
- BODY: 32
- ARMS: 32
- MISC: 32
- Lt. Col. Emeric Pons (AXEMAN)
- Osea: Jagged Yellow/Brown/Green camouflage based on first prototype "#901 Black" scheme.
- Erusea: Jagged three-tone blue camouflage based on Sukhoi Design Bureau early concept art scheme. (Unlocked by earning the "Guardian" medal: Destroy 16 or more ground targets in Campaign Mission 10, "Transfer Orders".)
- Special: Splinter Grey/Dark grey/White camouflage based on second prototype "#902 Black" scheme. (Unlocked by shooting down Axeman on Campaign Mission 16 Last Hope.)
- Mage: Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings.
- Spare: Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings.
- Strider: Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings.
- Markov: Andrei Markov livery (Experimental Aircraft Series DLC)
Ace Combat Infinity
- "The successor to the Su-27, a master aircraft that boasts menacing turning performance. A "Flanker" series aircraft possessing top class air battle fighting ability and equipped with an independent, two-dimensional thrust deflection nozzle. The NATO codename for it is "Flanker-E". A machine that can handle battles not only over short distances, but long distances as well."
- ― Hangar
- Part Slots
- At Lv.1, this aircraft carried 23 BODY, 23 ARMS, and 23 MISC part slots. See Tuning § Slot Expansion for further information.
- Upgrading this aircraft to these levels unlocked the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Type E
- Lv.10: Flanker Maniac
- Lv.15: Foo Fighter
- Lv.20: Title Roll
- Default: Jagged-edged green, brown, and yellow camouflage based on the first Su-35 prototype "901 Black".
- Event Skin #01: Jagged blue camouflage based on Sukhoi Design Bureau's concept art.
- Event Skin #02: Three-tone grey/white splinter camouflage based on the second Su-35 prototype "902 Black".
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- "The successor to the Su-27, a master aircaft that boasts menacing turning performance. A "Flanker" series aircraft possessing top class air battle fighting ability and equipped with an independent, two-dimensional thrust deflection nozzle. The NATO codename for it is "Flanker-E". A Machine that can handle battles not only over short distances, but long distances as well."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The Su-35 is available for the campaign prior to mission 11: Launch.
- Speed: High
- Mobility: High
- Stability: Above average
- Fire Power: Very High
- Defense: High
- Color 1: Jagged-edged green, brown and yellow camouflage. Based on the first Su-35 prototype "901 Black".
- Color 2: Three-tone blue jagged camouflage. Featured on an early concept art by Sukhoi Design Bureau.
- Color 3: Akula (Shark Face) Livery. "902 Black" grey/white three-tone splinter camouflage featuring Andrei Markov's signature shark mouth livery.
- Color 4: TEKKEN JIN
- Color 5: TEKKEN KAZUYA
Andrei Markov's Su-35
- The large numbers of enemy Su-35Ss appearing in Assault Horizon suggest that the aircraft has gone under mass production in the game's universe. In reality, it is still in limited use by the Russian Air Force.
- In the Assault Horizon mission "Pipeline", Andrei Markov is seen firing a Trinity missile with his Su-35S. However, the player cannot use Experimental Weapon 1 (the special weapon version of Trinity) with the Su-35S.
- Players could use one Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form instead of credits for the Lv.6 upgrade.