Tabloid was a fighter pilot in the Osean Air Defense Force's 444th Fighter Squadron, Spare Squadron. He flew a Mirage 2000-5. He was considered the political offender of the squadron. As he always smiled and laughed, his actual thoughts were never known.
Born from a Belkan couple who emigrated to Osea, Tabloid had attitudes of anarchism, believing that citizens are just pawns of their governments. One day, he threw a rock at an Osean government office. He was arrested, tried and convicted, then sent to the penal unit Spare Squadron. The conspiracy theories that came from his knowledge garnered interest from fellow prisoners.
On July 4, 2019, Tabloid participated in Operation One Pair. During the operation, he assisted in crippling Erusean bases located in Roca Roja. However, the Erusean Air Force deployed MQ-99 drones to defend their base. Tabloid managed to survive the encounter.
Eight days later, Tabloid flew during Operation Two Pairs over the Yinshi Valley. The operation aimed to escort both the Cyclops and Strider squadrons while they evacuated. Both Trigger and him were ordered to engage Mister X, but he only watched the battle between both pilots from afar. He later shared his experience with Spare Squadron's mechanic Avril Mead after they returned to base.
Five days later, he assisted in crippling the Erusean radar network. Once Spare Squadron was ambushed by a formation of unmanned F/A-18Fs spoofing an Osean IFF, Tabloid suggested that the squadron create a formation around Trigger in order to separate from the drones and have AWACS Bandog tag them as enemies. He ultimately survived the dogfight.
On August 5, 2019, Spare Squadron was deployed to Tyler Island in order to join the operation to liberate the area from Erusean control. Once they had arrived however, the unit was left stranded as the operation was still underway. Tabloid, Avril, and a number of 444th Air Base personnel travelled around the island until they encountered Princess Rosa Cossette D'Elise near her crashed transport. On October 10, 2019, they contacted the Long Range Strategic Strike Group, requesting support for multiple refugees they had discovered.
- Tabloid shares similarities to Larry Foulke; both look alike in appearance, have Belkan ancestry and have anarchist views.
- Tabloid's tailcode, "MN" likely means he was stationed at McNealy Air Force Base before he was transferred to the 444th.
- ↑ Aces At War: A History 2019, page 104.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Mission 08: "Pipeline Destruction", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 https://ace7.acecombat.jp/clm/column03.php
- ↑ Mission 05: "444", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Mission 06: "Long Day", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Mission 07: "First Contact", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Mission 09: "Faceless Soldier", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Mission 10: "Transfer Orders", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Cutscene 12: "Tyler Island", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Mission 17: "Homeward", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Cutscene 14: "The UAV Factory", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Mission 19: "Lighthouse", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.