- "Bring the enemy down together. Remember, you're not on your own out there."
- ― AWACS Wind Maker
Team Deathmatch is an online multiplayer game mode featured in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Ace Combat Infinity, and Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. Two teams comprised of human players must shoot each other down until time runs out or one team earns enough score to complete the match.
The mode is named Team Battle in Ace Combat 6, Team Deathmatch in Infinity, and Team Death Match in Ace Combat 7. Infinity expanded on the Team Deathmatch rules to create two additional modes: Naval Fleet Assault and Ring Battle.
Team Deathmatch supports a maximum of 16 players in Ace Combat 6 and a maximum of 8 players in Infinity and Ace Combat 7. Players are divided into two equal teams either in the lobby or when the match starts. Players on the same team spawn close to each other at the start of the match. Each player is worth a certain number of points depending on the aircraft they're flying and, in Infinity and Ace Combat 7, their equipped tuning parts and special weapons. When a player is shot down, they must wait a certain amount of time before they're allowed to respawn again.
The first team to reach the specified score in the time limit wins. If the time runs out, the team with the highest score wins. Both the score and the time limit depend on the game. Players also earn ranks and certain bonuses or medals depending on their performance.
Most Ace Combat 6 stages also feature AI-controlled NPC units that award score or change gameplay if destroyed. These are not present in Infinity or Ace Combat 7.
The following stages are available for Team Deathmatch games.
Ace Combat 7
Each stage in Ace Combat 7 also comes with a short description about the area.
- Fort Grays Island - A combat zone above the sea, fraught with clouds that can conceal the enemy. Chase after them while using the cover yourself to gain the upper hand.
- Anchorhead Bay - Nighttime combat in a crowded metropolis. A high concentration of bridges and tall buildings in this glimmering cityscape will make flying at low altitudes a tough task.
- Waiapolo Mountains - Combat takes place in the skies surrounding mountain range peaks. Clouds cover both the mountains and valleys, spelling certain doom for careless pilots.
- Yinshi Valley (Morning) - A combat zone with great rock formations that pierce the sky. Expertly timing your attacks as you weave through the ravines will be the key to victory in this difficult terrain.
- Yinshi Valley (Night) - Combat takes place on a dark, stormy night in a rocky karst area. Conquer the thunderous skies above and the punishing terrain below to lay claim to victory.
- Roca Roja - Combat unfolds above wastelands bathed red in the light of the evening sun, with the arid sky serving as the backdrop for a battle of pure skill.
Ace Combat 6
Each stage in Ace Combat 7 also comes with a short description about the area and the special mechanics at play.
- Stage 1 - Vitoze - Protect the #1 ESM aircraft while engaging the opposing team. ESM range increases as more opposition aircraft are destroyed, but is reset when the #1 ESM aircraft is destroyed.
- Stage 2 - Mount Marcello - Various shipping containers are scattered across the stage. Destroy the opposing team's to unlock special properties. Only fate knows what each container has in store.
- Stage 3 - Ortara - NPC allied reinforcements will come to the aide of whichever team achieves a set score first. Allies will continue to attack until the next set score is reached.
- Stage 4 - Grageo Canyon - The first team to destroy the tunnel elevator will be rewarded ESM for a limited time on all aircraft. However, only 1 of the 4 tunnels houses the destructible elevator.
- Stage 5 - Alma River - Any aircraft flying too high out of the canyon will be instantly destroyed. An ESM aircraft will come to the aide of the first team to destroy the command craft (CMD. CRAFT).
- Download - Selumna Peaks