- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Fisherman.
"Ten Million Relief Plan" released worldwide on November 27, 2019, and can be accessed within the "SP Mission" main menu option. Players can purchase this mission standalone for USD$4.99, JPY¥540, or regional equivalents, or purchase the Season Pass to access this mission and other DLC packs.
The first phase of the mission focuses on protecting ASW P-1 aircraft from enemy aircraft from the sub as the P-1s drop sonobuoys across the entire airspace in order to find the Alicorn. The player must contend with multiple SLUAVs and Rafale Ms operated by SACS. The mission will fail if all the P-1 aircraft are destroyed.
The second phase involves the player attempting to locate the exact location of the Alicorn underwater within a circular area defined by the sonobuoys using an onboard Magnetic Anomaly Detector. This functions similarly to White Noise - a waveform indicator is shown at the top of your HUD. When you are below 430 knots or 800 km/h, it will begin to beep. The beeping becomes more frequent and the waves become higher in amplitude the closer you are to the Alicorn. Additionally, the waveforms will point in the direction you need to go in to find the sub, much like a compass.
When the Alicorn is found for the first time, it will jettison jammer buoys. The player must destroy all 6 jammer buoys. A new search area will then appear. The player is given a new time limit - they now have roughly 1 minute to find the submarine. Once it is found, the Osean destroyers damage it and force it to surface.
The third phase of the mission is a battle against the Alicorn. The goal is to destroy all ballast tanks, but the player can choose to strip the sub of its defenses before attacking the ballast tanks, as these weapons will not respawn in later mission phases. The Alicorn will continually dive during this phase and will also release SLUAVs and Rafales to hound the player, but also releases barrier drones, which intercept the player's missiles, making lining up shots more difficult. After around five minutes, Alicorn will activate ECM, causing missiles take longer time to lock-on, destroying the jammer is recommended. The phase is completed when all 4 ballast tanks are destroyed.
The fourth phase gives you a 15 second time limit to damage the Alicorn's rail cannon before it can fire on Oured. The cannon is extremely fragile and will crumble under a single missile hit, but a swarm of barrier drones between the player and the Alicorn can make things difficult.
In the final phase, the player is given two minutes to destroy the base of the Alicorn's rail cannon before it can fire on Oured. The sub uses all remaining weaponry and will continually launch SLUAVs to hound the player relentlessly. The Alicorn will also begin to flood from the stern at this point, making the player have to adjust their angle of attack if they take too long. The mission is completed when the rail cannon's base is destroyed.
|Initial||RAFALE M "SACS"||900||5||[note 1]|
|Mission Update 1|| || ALICORN|
| [note 2]|
[note 4][note 5]
[note 4][note 6]
|RAFALE M "SACS"||900||∞||[note 7][note 1]|
|BARRIER DRONE||200||∞||[note 9]|
|Mission Update 2||RAIL CANNON||2000||1||[note 10]|
|Mission Update 3||CORE||2000||1||[note 11]|
Earning an S Rank on this mission requires earning a combined score and time bonus of 117,000 points or more.
The maximum time bonus available is 81,000 for completing the mission in a total of 14 minutes or less. This includes time spent retrying from the checkpoint. If the player can complete the mission in that amount of time, they only need 36,000 points from destroying targets in the mission itself to earn the S Rank.
If the player goes past the 14 minutes threshold, the time bonus decreases by 225 points every second, so the player must compensate by destroying more targets to hit the 36,000 point threshold.
- The mission dialogue contains references to the Tom Clancy movie and novel The Hunt for Red October, specifically when Count says that it "would be easier if [the Alicorn's crew] would just sing.".
- The player can shoot down the P-1 aircraft at the beginning, resulting in a mission failure.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 SACS Rafales take three missiles to destroy, unlike other Rafales which normally take just two.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Alicorn's targeting box will show up if it is detected underwater, but it cannot be attacked.
- ↑ Once all ballast tanks are destroyed, the Alicorn loses the ability to dive and moves into a mission update.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Appears after the Alicorn surfaces enough times. If not destroyed, it will show up in Phase 3.
- ↑ Missiles fired from VLSs have greater homing capability but lower damage compared to the ones from SAMs.
- ↑ ECM causes the player's lock-on and missile speed to become slower when near the Alicorn.
- ↑ Rafale Ms will regularly take off from the Alicorn.
- ↑ SLUAVs will be deployed in groups from the Alicorn.
- ↑ Barrier drones will generate spherical EM barriers that block shots and damage the player if they're within the barrier. They can be destroyed by entering the barrier and shooting them, though this is risky.
- ↑ The rail cannon cannot be destroyed, though damaging it is mission critical.
- ↑ The core can only be attacked at certain angles. The Alicorn will gradually list backwards, adjusting the player's angle of attack.
- ↑ These new CIWS will appear only when the Alicorn's rail cannon core can be attacked.
|Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Missions|