- For the location, see Moloch Desert.
- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Battle of the Moloch Desert.
I'll be relaying orders to you from now on. Estovakia's remaining forces are starting to gather near Moloch Desert, in east Anea. They're combining all of their forces in an attempt to stop us from recapturing Gracemeria. This operation will involve a very intense siege battle. Once the enemy's line of defense is ruined, chase them down. If you let them escape, they're going to fortify their defenses around Gracemeria. I know you must be chompin' at the bit to get going, but taking out the enemy here pretty much guarantees us victory. We'll make it back to Gracemeria alive! All of us! Engage!
The player will have four operations to participate in, and they must complete two operations in order to advance the mission.
- (A) Tank Battalion Support
- Warlock will assault Estovakia's line of defense in the northern part of the desert, including a large number of tanks, pillboxes, and long-range artillery. A squadron of four A-10As will also attempt to destroy Warlock. The player must deal massive damage to these ground forces and shoot down the A-10As.
- (B) Airfield Recapture
- Quox and Sky Kid will attempt to capture an airfield south of the river. They're blocked by a group of tanks, and a large number of Tornado GR.4s stationed at the airfield will attempt to destroy Quox. The player must destroy all tanks and Tornadoes, as well as three AC-130s and a couple of ground positions.
- (C) Bomber Defense/Command Assault
- Hammerhead Squadron will attempt a bombing run on the enemy field command. Two antennas, one north and one south of the base, must be destroyed first. After that, a small number of ground TGTs at the command HQ must be destroyed, but they are defended by a large group of SAMs and flak guns. These surface-to-air defenses, as well as squadrons of Mirage 2000-5s and Rafale Ms, will shoot down Hammerhead if the player doesn't complete this operation in time or defend Hammerhead.
- (D) Electronic Support Aircraft Defense
- Snake Pit and Windhover Squadron will be engaged with Estovakian Rafale Ms and F-22A Raptors. The player must shoot them all down to protect Snake Pit.
After the player completes any one operation, an armed hovercraft unit will appear in the center of the map and split to engage the player's allies, but they do not pose a threat and are not necessary to destroy for the mission.
After completing two operations, the Estovakians will begin to retreat. After 50 seconds pass, six members of Strigon Team will appear and engage the player. Despite being given an evacuation order from AWACS Ghost Eye, the player must assist Shamrock and shoot down all six Strigon planes. Once all six have been shot down, the mission is completed.
- Operation A: 12,300+ points
- Operation B: 13,700+ points
- Operation C: 13,800+ points
- Operation D: 11,500+ points
- Mission Update: 8,800+ points
According to intelligence from our department of national safety, Estovakia has a scorched earth policy in mind for Gracemeria. They plan to use weapons of mass destruction to completely and indiscriminately annihilate our capital city. If we keep advancing at this pace, the Estovakians are sure to destroy our capital. The Joint Chiefs of Staff have ordered us to temporarily halt the advance of all forces. This order is part of a high-level strategy. This temporary order of cease fire was an unavoidable action for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. As Emmerians, we cannot excuse this outrageous and inhuman threat posed by Estovakia. By continuing on with the mission, you have defied a direct order, and will be suspended for it. You are forbidden from flying in battle starting from 1600 hours today, and all combat mission qualifications will be revoked. Any action beyond going to your own barracks from that time on will be strictly limited. I've lost a lot of respect for you after pulling this stunt. Return to your barracks and wait for further instructions. That is all.
- Victory Darkens in the Wilderness (荒野に勝利は陰る)
- Moloch Desert Tank Battle (モロク砂漠戦車戦)
|Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Missions|
|Ace of Aces|