- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Point Blank.
- "It's the Galm Team! We've been waiting for you! Follow us, we'll escort you to Avalon!"
- ― Allied Squadron
"The Valley of Kings" (王の谷) is the 17th and penultimate campaign mission in Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War. Following directly after the events of "The Demon of the Round Table", the player and the Allied Forces raid Avalon Dam, the main stronghold of A World With No Boundaries, to prevent the launch of a V2 missile.
I'll transmit the latest data we've received from the Allied Forces. According to this, the dam is protected by an intensive antiaircraft defense network. To deal with this, the Allied squadron will draw antiaircraft fire to itself in the skies. Meanwhile, Galm Team will join the Allied squad's Avalon Dam strike team and approach the target at low-altitude through the canyon. That's the only way we stand a chance at succeeding. If you destroy the V2 launch control facility, you should be able to stop the weapon from being fired. The V2 will probably be equipped with a nuclear warhead. The destruction caused by its single warhead will most likely dwarf the damage inflicted by that tactical nuclear attack before. All the Allied Forces will be mobilized for this full scale operation. It seems this war doesn't want to come to an end. We must stop the V2 launch! Hurry!
The player will spawn inside a canyon at the southern edge of the map. The only objective at this point is to survive the canyon and reach Avalon Dam to the north. An anti-aircraft defense network covers the rim of the canyon, so the player must not fly above 600 m (1968 ft). It is impossible to avoid the defense network; the player's aircraft will automatically suffer damage while above the altitude limit.
The canyon flight is separated by four bridges, each protected by anti-aircraft weapons such as SAMs, AA GUNs, and PILLBOXs. After the player passes the first bridge, two Rafale Ms ahead will fire on the player as well. Two Su-47 Berkuts will spawn after the player passes the third bridge, as well as a jamming EA-18G Growler on Ace difficulty (see § Special Units). An F/A-22A Raptor and another Su-47 Berkut will also begin to approach the canyon from either side.
The mission will advance once the player passes the fourth bridge and arrives at Avalon Dam.
Upon arriving at Avalon, the defense network will be disabled and the player can fly at any altitude, even backtracking over the canyon safely. After a few moments, a V2 launch countdown will begin. The countdown varies depending on the selected difficulty:
- 10 minutes on Very Easy and Easy
- 7 minutes on Normal and Hard
- 5 minutes on Expert and Ace
The player must destroy all three V2 control devices marked as TGT before the countdown ends. The devices are located inside the tunnels underneath the dam, and various entrances are available from above; these entrances will close over time, faster on the higher difficulties. Anti-aircraft weapons are also present inside and outside the tunnel, and enemy aircraft will also be flying nearby.
Each control device consists of four locks which, once destroyed, will reveal a final core panel that rises from the ground. The player has to destroy all three of these core panels to complete the mission.
The following enemy lists are taken from the Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book.
|161||F-35C "Turm"||1430||Very Easy||[note 1]|
|162||X-29A "Bauer"||1150||Very Easy||[note 2]|
|163||F/A-22A "Ritter"||1450||Very Easy||[note 3]|
|164||YF-23A "Slon"||1240||Very Easy||Mercenary||[note 4]|
|165||Typhoon "Pyoshka"||1200||Very Easy||Soldier||[note 4]|
|166||F-14D "Kon"||1000||Very Easy||Knight||[note 4]|
|167||EA-18G "Springer"||1300||Ace||[note 5]|
Earning an S rank on this mission requires earning 18,000 points. The TGTs are worth 12,000 points in total, so the player must earn an additional 6,000 points by destroying other units. It is recommended to fire on some of the enemies in the canyon run, but the player must remain cautious as there are many anti-air units stationed there.
- "Turm" spawns to the north of the dam. On Hard and below, he will spawn 30 seconds after the V2 countdown starts. On Expert and Ace, he will spawn once the V2 countdown starts.
- "Bauer" spawns inside the tunnel after at least one V2 CTRL. is destroyed and at certain points in the V2 countdown:
- 3 minutes, 30 seconds left on Very Easy and Easy
- 2 minutes, 30 seconds left on Normal and Hard
- 2 minutes left on Expert and Ace
- "Ritter" enters the map from the north once the player earns 1,500 points. Unlocks the F/A-22A's Special color.
- "Slon", "Pyoshka", and "Kon" all spawn in the Mission Update. The specific ace that spawns depends on ace style the player is on.
- "Springer" spawns once the player flies past the third bridge."
- Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book, pages 094–095.
|Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Missions|