FANDOM


  • I need some advice because I have to complete the challenge and earn 1000000 points.

      Loading editor
    • Probably do the role of the defender. I got MVP when I did just that.

        Loading editor
    • It really depends on your opponents... with the T-50 I have scored 75.000 points in 1 match and 12.000 in another.

      With a Multirole/Attacker maybe you won't reach all those points in a single action, but you should also find easier to score ~30.000 points every time.

        Loading editor
    • You also need a somewhat large amount of fuel supply including skills to take down player jets in order to achieve your goal. Accepting it earlier would also help.

        Loading editor
    • If you have an Attacker/Bomber that can pack a lot of damages like the FB-22's you've seen in action, go for it and give the fleet hell. I recommend using Attacker since Bomber is an easy target (and also a top priority one most of the time) but if your opponents don't care about your presence when you're flying the latter, you'd be farming points. You can also fly a Multirole or a Fighter and assume a defensive role if you are good at it. Just don't get shot down too much when flying any plane.

        Loading editor
    • I use a Shinden equipped with LASM, and when I play, it often happens that others defend the fleet, and I'm the soloist attacking ships, isn't this is a bad thing? T_T

        Loading editor
    • Well, someone has to attack the fleet. If you're the only one doing it, you have the whole fleet for yourself and that's a privilege. You just have to disable the CIWS on your own and dodge waves of missiles coming at you. Multirole can do both offensive and defensive depending on the situation and you pick the right decision to attack the fleet when everyone else is defending.

        Loading editor
    • Better split the job 50-50 in order to succeed.

        Loading editor
    • Sylvered and Plt. Pao Ayo you're both right. I'm sure if I would play with you, the situation would change.

        Loading editor
    • I mostly decide what tto use while on the plane selection screen, after I see what my teammates are gonna use, most of the time, if I chose fighter, the top priority are FB-22 and bombers, the closer you get to them, the harder is to avoid a missile. And when using an attacker, always head for the CIWS, VLS and SHIP GUN targets first, they give a lot of points if you destroy them, also they respawn after a certain amount of time and you go and destroy them again.

        Loading editor
    • CocoonOne wrote:
      I mostly decide what tto use while on the plane selection screen, after I see what my teammates are gonna use, most of the time, if I chose fighter, the top priority are FB-22 and bombers, the closer you get to them, the harder is to avoid a missile. And when using an attacker, always head for the CIWS, VLS and SHIP GUN targets first, they give a lot of points if you destroy them, also they respawn after a certain amount of time and you go and destroy them again.

      Also I see what my teammates are gonna use, and many times they use a multirole.

        Loading editor
    • Dogfighting mostly gets me the MVP but is you manage to do decent amounts to the enemy fleet you may score an MVP. What's your main attacker and fighter?

        Loading editor
    • For Attacker: SU-34 Alisa & Ling.

      For Fighter: ATD-0.

        Loading editor
    • I think an ATD-0 would be better for a 1 on 1 dogfight, in this type of DM, you will mostly be te predator if you choose a fighter. I would choose a weapon-wise fighter instead of choosing one with good handling.

      Anyway, I always fly with these settings:

      Ground: Lvl 11 F/A 18 with LASM

      Air: Lvl 11 F/A 18 with SAAM. yeah, I know what you are thinking, but my strategy is to attack the enemy fleet as I fly a multirole, and when I have some free time, I just fire some SAAM`s to the bombers or attackers pounding the allied fleet.

      My other choice is a Lvl 5 F-15 Pixy with HPAA`s, just to take down bombers quickly

        Loading editor
    • No offense but I think that ATD-0 is a great choice for a fighter, it's very fast and has QAAM, which is my favourite air-to-air SP weapon. Regarding the F/A 18, I have nothing against it and, indeed, I consider it a good choice, especially because it has the LASM. The problem is that I have it at lvl 4. XD (did i write well? sometimes happens that when I write a long sentence, they blame me because they have difficulty understanding XD).

        Loading editor
    • I forgot about the QAAM`s. That`s a pretty good choice then

        Loading editor
    • I go with an F-15J -Tiger- and get absolutely mobbed by the opposing X-02s, ADF-01s, ADFX-02 -PX-s, and other F-15J -TG-s.

        Loading editor
    • You might not believe it, but I'm being able to defeat high tier planes (even the Falken, Wyvern and other originals) with a F-15E -CH-. Seems stupid, isn't it? I'm also surprised with its potential and its 4AAM. It's helping more with 4AAM than with the SFFS. Even more surprising is the fact that I've always preferred attacking the ships. Perhaps I'm better at shooting down other players...

        Loading editor
    • Sometimes I am able to destroy planes like the FALKEN and the Wyvern.

        Loading editor
    • The thing is it's being quite easy to take down a cst. 1700 FALKEN, for example.

        Loading editor
    • Know the cst. level because there was one battle that he was at the same team.

        Loading editor
    • The same thing is happening to some Wyvern, Rafale -VA-, FB-22, ADFX-01 -PX, SU-47 and, of course, bombers.

        Loading editor
    • If there's a bad thing about FALKEN, it is its size but it also flies like a damn fly. It's meant to fly fast at all time in TDM.

        Loading editor
    • I don't like multiroles at all on TDM because they do little damage to the enemy ships, however, I used a Level 10 F-15E on a few matches and I did well, though I still like more attacker or fighters. ON the other hand, I would really recommend you the ATD-0, I don't have it, but everyone using it seems to be untargetable, it's just so fast!

        Loading editor
    • That Mitsubishi is just so small it's a gremlin. I wonder if PA would release its intended variant, the one with a microwave weapon as rumored.

        Loading editor
    • Sylvered wrote:
      That Mitsubishi is just so small it's a gremlin. I wonder if PA would release its intended variant, the one with a microwave weapon as rumored.

      Ah, you mean Fenrir? I'm afraid we have to wait for a while. But if rumors that the the ATD-X would have microwave weaponry is true, then we will gladly accept it.

        Loading editor
    • Guys!!! I moved in defense with my ATD-0, and my team has always won!! this is thanks to the advice that you gave me!! thank you! :))

        Loading editor
    • Multiroles aren't bad when they're high level and your teammates are splitting work correctly. Lvl 9 Super Hornet with LASM at 3, and supporting equipment help me take down ships pretty easily. Just need to make sure the CIWS get taken out first.

        Loading editor
    • As I said before, the choice of super hornet is great because it has the LASM.

        Loading editor
    • But most LASM are destroyed by the CIWS, aren't they?

        Loading editor
    • They're not always blown up by the CIWS if you can get close enough for you to launch the LASM and not make it explode away from the ship.

      Does anyone play the mission Hostile Fleet?

        Loading editor
    • I can't do much to destroy the CIWS first. I'd rather simply use bombs.

        Loading editor
    • 191.177.79.120 wrote:
      I can't do much to destroy the CIWS first. I'd rather simply use bombs.

      Go for it then.

        Loading editor
    • Ooh also bombs are useful right? SU-47 have it!

        Loading editor
    • Yeah but the Berkut is a Multirole, so the effect of the bombs on that plane will be less powerful

        Loading editor
    • Just recently got my Rafale M -VA- at Lv. 6.

      Anyway, the UGB and the SFFS would work fine against ships since someone who uses those can evade enemy fire and missile attacks.

        Loading editor
    • UGB is hot trash against any armoured target. SFFS is unbalanced so you may want to use that.

        Loading editor
    • Is also Alisa & Xiaoyu's aircraft with 4AGM useful there?

        Loading editor
    • I fly the ADFX-01, the prototype one, and I usually just defend my team's fleet until we get the Cruise Missles launched. When that happens, I go on the offense. Not the best strategy, but it works sometimes.

        Loading editor
    • I suggest you to protect the fleet and the teammates for the whole battle. Keep protecting the fleet when there are serious threats like FB-22 and bombers. And keep protecting your teammates when they have potential against the enemy fleet (again, if they're using bombers for example) from enemies hunting down them. I'm saying this because I used to do exactly what you're saying. I was constantly pursuing an enemy bomber in a way he just couldn't make it to my fleet and make his bombing runs. Eventually the final strategic attack (cruise missiles) was launched, and I started to attack the enemy fleet. Still, we've lost because I let the enemy bomber alone, finally able to make his bombing runs; and because the teammates were shot down and the enemy launched the final strategic attack as well.

        Loading editor
    • Do not ever leave the allied fleet alone, this works very similar to Soccer games, the enemy planes are the "soccer ball" of the situation. You defend the fleet as goalkeeper defends the goal. If the goalkeeper leaves the goal, it is obvious that the opponents are taking advantage of this moment to attack. (You know what I mean?)

        Loading editor
    • Phoenix melody 93 wrote: Do not ever leave the allied fleet alone, this works very similar to Soccer games, the enemy planes are the "soccer ball" of the situation. You defend the fleet as goalkeeper defends the goal. If the goalkeeper leaves the goal, it is obvious that the opponents are taking advantage of this moment to attack. (You know what I mean?)

      You can leave the allied fleet alone, if you know what your doing, they can still defend themselves, in 3 games me and my teammates went pure attacker and we won the game.

        Loading editor
    • In one match, I used an Su-37 armed with HVAAs to defend our team's fleet. IIRC, the rest just attacked the enemy fleet and I focused on defending the fleet. We won with a narrrow margin.

        Loading editor
    • Hitting the enemy fleet harder and faster than the opponent team does. A defending fighter is good as long as he prevents more damage (in terms of specifically hindering the most dangerous foe aircrafts) than he could have done as A2G. Thats all it is, isn't it?

      Remembering a match where I was the only attacker (with SFFS) among 3 guys with QAAM, 4AAM, 6AAM. We were doomed from the beginning. Also remembering a match where I really sucked as defender, finishing with <10k points... and still the team won. Kudos to the 3 guys carrying me and luckily the 1 or 2 even worse players on the other side.

        Loading editor
    • EtherealSeraph wrote:

      Phoenix melody 93 wrote: Do not ever leave the allied fleet alone, this works very similar to Soccer games, the enemy planes are the "soccer ball" of the situation. You defend the fleet as goalkeeper defends the goal. If the goalkeeper leaves the goal, it is obvious that the opponents are taking advantage of this moment to attack. (You know what I mean?)

      You can leave the allied fleet alone, if you know what your doing, they can still defend themselves, in 3 games me and my teammates went pure attacker and we won the game.

      Of course, you have to keep in mind that you can leave the ALLIED fleet alone, not the ENEMY fleet. I went against a team that had 3 fighters and a multirole while we had 2 attackers, a fighter, and I was playing a 6AAM multirole. Long story short, they lost while we still had 50% hp left. By the way Phoenix, I think you have a great selection of planes to choose from, but try switching up what SP weapons you use to see if your favorite weapon really is the best choice for your play style.

        Loading editor
    • Expert Not an wrote:
      EtherealSeraph wrote:

      Phoenix melody 93 wrote: Do not ever leave the allied fleet alone, this works very similar to Soccer games, the enemy planes are the "soccer ball" of the situation. You defend the fleet as goalkeeper defends the goal. If the goalkeeper leaves the goal, it is obvious that the opponents are taking advantage of this moment to attack. (You know what I mean?)

      You can leave the allied fleet alone, if you know what your doing, they can still defend themselves, in 3 games me and my teammates went pure attacker and we won the game.
      Of course, you have to keep in mind that you can leave the ALLIED fleet alone, not the ENEMY fleet. I went against a team that had 3 fighters and a multirole while we had 2 attackers, a fighter, and I was playing a 6AAM multirole. Long story short, they lost while we still had 50% hp left. By the way Phoenix, I think you have a great selection of planes to choose from, but try switching up what SP weapons you use to see if your favorite weapon really is the best choice for your play style.

      ^_^ Thank you for the advice!! but for now I'm keeping my LASM's Shinden... for me it is an excellent choice!

        Loading editor
    • It really depends on your play style, the room you end up in, and what you have at your disposal. Being on attack is easier because you have effectively stationary targets to go at. Even if you're under constant attack, you stand a fairly good chance of racking up points over the duration. But if you're going in a fighter on a defense strategy, even some attackres are a pain to try and track down for kills, so you might not do so hot. I've seen attackers outscore a room hitting around 60,000, and I've seen defenders do the same.

      I think ideally you should have two attackers and two defenders. Unles one is just that great at a given role, you don't want only one peson (or worse no one) on one or the other. Personally, I'm just not a great defender. I average around 15-20,000 when I'm chasing down enemy planes. I have a good plane (any one of my three lvl 9 F-22s wtih lvl 5 QAAMs or lvl 5 4AAMs), but I'm a terrible dogfighter. I usually only opt for defense if my team is just not balanced enough to do it (everyone wants to be an attacker). But when I'm an attacker, I'm always at 40,000 or above and my team rarely loses (lvl 9 FB-22, lvl 5 GPB).

      But, that's just me. I've tried a few different planes with a few different weapons. Even tried the SFFS with my FB-22, and still couldn't beat my own scores with the GPB. Still scored well, over 30,000 each time, but had to work a lot harder to do it, and the middle of this tournament when I'm trying to save fuel while going for top 1000 isn't exactly the best time for me to start traing on the SFFS (training in terms of my use of it, as I already have it at lvl 5). If you're more comfortable already using the LASM and don't necessarily have much experience using either the SFFS or GPB, you should probably stick to the LASM since I don't think any other anti-ground/sea weapon does as much damage against ships. 

      Lastly, because even though it's a little obvious such that no one mentioned it, try to up the levels of your planes and weapons as much as you can.

        Loading editor
    • My Shinden is at level 7, LASM level 3; It is enough, or not?

        Loading editor
    • Phoenix melody 93 wrote:
      My Shinden is at level 7, LASM level 3; It is enough, or not?

      Well, you always have room for upgrades, don't you XD . In all honesty, level 7 sounds good for a mid-tier player about to enter the higher tiers, so you should be good. For now, pull your attention towards your other aircraft and/or getting some M/L parts from the aircraft tree.

      I would also reccomend upgrading your LASM, but considering you don't have any other aircraft cappable of using it, leave it be for now. As I was going with SP weapons, try making another aircraft set with 6AAMs equipped to your Shinden, its a good A2A weapon with a large range and multi-targeting, which makes it perfect for defense/pseudo-offense. I'd also like you to try the SAAMs for your ATD-0 once you get it to level 7, because they not only offer a large range but also high homing (given the target is within your targeting circle), which the 6AAMs don't have.

        Loading editor
    • I discovered that SAAM`s are a great choice. I ussually defend my fleet, so when there are no enemies around, I just shoot some SAAM`s to the enemy fighters that are attacking my team-mates from a safe position

        Loading editor
    • Expert Not an wrote:

      Phoenix melody 93 wrote:
      My Shinden is at level 7, LASM level 3; It is enough, or not?

      Well, you always have room for upgrades, don't you XD . In all honesty, level 7 sounds good for a mid-tier player about to enter the higher tiers, so you should be good. For now, pull your attention towards your other aircraft and/or getting some M/L parts from the aircraft tree.

      I would also reccomend upgrading your LASM, but considering you don't have any other aircraft cappable of using it, leave it be for now. As I was going with SP weapons, try making another aircraft set with 6AAMs equipped to your Shinden, its a good A2A weapon with a large range and multi-targeting, which makes it perfect for defense/pseudo-offense. I'd also like you to try the SAAMs for your ATD-0 once you get it to level 7, because they not only offer a large range but also high homing (given the target is within your targeting circle), which the 6AAMs don't have.

      Good! I have ATD-0 at level 7, and I can safely use it with SAAM at level 3, don't worry about my ability, since I'm strong ;) but with the high-level players, do you think, is better QAAM or SAAM? I ask you because, despite my skills, it's difficult to keep the circle of those "moving" players (if you know what I mean).
        Loading editor
    • game for game, attackers seem the most successful.

      in any Death Match:

      stay on the offensive!

      keep your speed up!

      and watch your 6!

        Loading editor
    • Phoenix melody 93 wrote: Good! I have ATD-0 at level 7, and I can safely use it with SAAM at level 3, don't worry about my ability, since I'm strong ;) but with the high-level players, do you think, is better QAAM or SAAM? I ask you because, despite my skills, it's difficult to keep the circle of those "moving" players (if you know what I mean).

      They require different strategy. If you are in for some chase or dogfight, QAAM will be appropriate for you. SAAM is supposed to be fired from afar so you can keep your target within its reticle easily. So, either close or far.

      It's funny that QAAM sometimes becomes as nasty as its AC04 counterpart. That happened to mine a few times when "Destroyed" suddenly popped up as I was sure that the missiles trashed.

        Loading editor
    • Sylvered wrote:
      Phoenix melody 93 wrote: Good! I have ATD-0 at level 7, and I can safely use it with SAAM at level 3, don't worry about my ability, since I'm strong ;) but with the high-level players, do you think, is better QAAM or SAAM? I ask you because, despite my skills, it's difficult to keep the circle of those "moving" players (if you know what I mean).
      They require different strategy. If you are in for some chase or dogfight, QAAM will be appropriate for you. SAAM is supposed to be fired from afar so you can keep your target within its reticle easily. So, either close or far.

      It's funny that QAAM sometimes becomes as nasty as its AC04 counterpart. That happened to mine a few times when "Destroyed" suddenly popped up as I was sure that the missiles trashed.

      Ok, I get it, I will continue to use QAAM, starting with the next time because the tournament is over.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.