Briefing Officer: Is everyone here?
(briefed pilots chatter in the background)
Briefing Officer: Settle down. I said settle down!
(briefed pilots quiet down)
Briefing Officer: You have all been instrumental in helping to maintain peace in Usea as members of the International Union Peacekeeping Force. Until today. Earlier, our radar site informed us that a group of unidentified aircraft was approaching. Communications systems went down immediately afterwards. We are led to conclude that they have attacked the site. Here's your mission. It's possible that the Usean ceasefire agreement has been broken for the first time in over a decade. As of today, the Fort Grays Air Base Squadron of the IUPF has been put on high alert. All members who have been ordered to sortie, fly there immediately. Find the unidentified craft, then use your weapons to round them up and force them to land. If the hostiles counterattack, then you will...
Pilot 1: What the hell was that?
Pilot 2: There's smoke!
Pilot 3: We're under attack! Numerous unidentified aircraft confirmed overhead!
Pilot 2: What? How is that possible?
Pilot 4: The tank farm to the north has been bombed!
Pilot 3: Many injured!
Briefing Officer: Scramble! All units, take off and eliminate the unidentified craft attacking the base! This is not a drill!
- Ground Officer 1: Radar site still silent!
- Ground Officer 2: Scramble! Get those birds in the sky! We're sitting ducks!
- Ground Officer 1: What's happening?
- Ground Officer 2: Bombers incoming! Don't know how many!
- Ground Officer 3: Let's clear that runway. We don't got all day here.
- Control Tower: Mage Squadron, head to runway. Golem Squadron, take off. Linked to Sky Keeper. Hurry, Mage Squadron.
- Control Tower: Trigger, your call sign is Mage 2. Verify and read back. Mage 2, cleared for takeoff. Situation is tight. It's a hell of a welcoming party, but we have faith in you. Good luck.
- Golem 1 Knocker: Control. Do me a favor and get that bird in the air ASAP.
- Control Tower: Hear that? Golem Squadron and your wingman air airborne. Take off and form up with Mage 1.
We are currently assessing the damage to the base. We have confirmed that the aircraft carrier Albatross was sunk. We know the attacking bogeys were from Erusea. International Union Peacekeeping Force bases all over the Usean continent were attacked in the same way. The damage is severe. Many wars are lost by failing to recover from the opening blows. That means successfully retaliating was very important. You may have turned the tides of battle here. You have our thanks.