Ace Combat Infinity
- "A special version of the Typhoon featuring the same colors as a special squadron directly affiliated with NUN.
Based on the aircraft piloted by a woman caught between the ideals of an organization created for peaceful resolution of conflicts and the reality of multiple factions vying for power.
Perhaps due to its role as the lynchpin for the unit, it features enhancements in all areas aside from durability and can respond to a wide range of situations.
There were also reports that the pilot's sister was also a combat pilot, quite a rare situation if true, but some also say that the two of them found themselves on opposite sides in battle."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The aircraft was available to the top 1,000 players in the "[Back Again!] Good thing Rena's flying a Flanker, eh?" Online Co-Op Missions Ranking Tournament.
- It was later made available in the Skilled Pilot Medal Exchange for 20 medals.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.16 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||26 / 38||24 / 38||25 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||28 / 40||26 / 40||27 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||29 / 41||27 / 41||28 / 41|
|Lv.20||30 / 42||28 / 42||29 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Conqueror nickname for use at any time.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- "A faithful recreation of the Ace Combat 3 aircraft performance design. Although hindered by slow turning response, this fighter boasts outstanding speed performance and durability. However, the aircraft lacks SP weapons which were not introduced until after Ace Combat 3."
- ― Hangar
- Speed and defense have been upgraded at the expense of a reduction in mobility, air-to-ground and stability. As with the other TYPE aircraft, the Typhoon suffers a certain handicap to emulate the playing experience of Ace Combat 3; in this case, the inability to perform high-G turns and the removal of the XMA6 and RCL special weapons. However, XLAA capacity has been upgraded from 48 to 72.