The UI-4054 Aurora was an enigmatic combat aircraft from the Intercorporate War simulation.
The Aurora is a high speed, high agility aircraft built around a long lifting body/blended body fuselage. Four engines are enclosed within a blister on the belly of the rear fuselage, resembling a traditional scramjet configuration. The forward fuselage is chined and blends into the aircraft's wing roots. Its wings follow a delta-planform with a low aspect ratio and eliptical tips. Its dorsal vertical stabilizers are canted inwards and protrude beyond the traling edge of the wing and are mated to two underwing mid-span ventral fins.
HistoryThe aircraft is built under high secrecy by an unknown company. What is known is that only one known airframe was produced and mysteriously acquired by the organization Ouroboros, with the sole pilot being the organization's leader, former General Resource Limited employee and ace Abyssal Dision.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "An aircraft rumored to have been developed in absolute secrecy as an SR-71 successor in the past. Since its existence was not made clear for many years, detailed information is not given. Only a few unconfirmed sightings occurred in the late 20th century, and one story claims airspeeds of Mach 6 or 8, but the truth is hidden in the dark."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japanese version:
- International version: Complete every mission in the campaign with an "A" rank, regardless of difficulty.
- Width: 17.18 m
- Length: 29.95 m
- Height: 3.72 m
- Weight: 30,218 kg
- Max speed
- Japanese Release: 4,798 km/h
- International Release: 4,264 km/h
- Damage Tolerance: Heavy
- The Aurora is based on an aircraft of the same name that is allegedly the replacement for the SR-71 Blackbird.
- In the export version, the Aurora is the only aircraft to keep its original markings (Ouroboros), as opposed to the rest of the aircraft having the UPEO emblem save for the Geopelia and the Night Raven.