- "Originally used as a tilt-rotor craft in the military, and was used to transport cargo and soldiers. Currently it can be seen in many civilian roles."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
The original V-22 was designed in 1982 as the first practical tiltrotor VTOL aircraft in history. The B model improves upon the original design by implementing a COFFIN system and slimming the chopper's width, as well as adding an omnidirectional machine gun. However, this is counterbalanced by an increased height and weight, the latter of which results in a lower top speed rating than the original.
The V-22B Osprey's specifications are as follows:
- Length: 17.47 m
- Width: 11.58 m
- Height: 6.90 m
- Weight: 21,546 kg
- Top Speed: 526 km/h
- If Nemo remains with UPEO throughout the simulation, Gilbert Park will attempt to use one V-22B in Expo City to escape UPEO.
- If Nemo joins General Resource Limited and remains there for the entire simulation, five V-22Bs are observed flying over Megafloat.
- If Nemo joins General Resource and then joins Ouroboros, Abyssal Dision will order Nemo to shoot down Neucom V-22Bs in Port Edwards, especially those used by Neucom's leaders in an attempted escape. At the end of this simulation path, UPEO uses V-22Bs to inspect the wreckage of Dision's aircraft after Nemo shoots it down.
- Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Mission & World View Guide Book, page 023.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Perfect Guide, page 185.
- The Orientation, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
- A Canopy of Stars, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
- Betrayal, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
- Electrosphere, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
- Swarm, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere (international).
- Conspiracy, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere (international).