- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Scramble.
VR Mission 01 is the first VR Mode mission in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. The player assumes the role of Mobius 1 as they engage enemy aircraft over Fort Grays Island in eastern Usea. The air battle takes place at various altitude levels above and below the cloud layer.
This mission was formerly used as a VR Demo for promoting the game in late 2016 and early 2017. The demo did not feature a briefing, debriefing, clear rank, or as many enemies as the full mission. It also featured placeholder dialogue where the player was referred to as Echo 2.
IUN-PKF Commander: Let's begin the briefing. The Peyton Peninsula radar site to the northwest of us here at Fort Grays has picked up a number of unidentified aircraft. They've ignored all warnings from the IUN PKF and are making their way towards our base. As the IUN has air traffic control over all of Usea, we're almost certain the crafts belong to the Free Eruseans. You guys will scramble immediately, visually identify the aircraft, and then use your radios to order them to land. If attacked, you have permission to engage them in combat. Waste no time destroying them.
|MIR 2000-5||550||6||[note 1]|
IUN-PKF Commander: Thanks to your efforts, the unidentified aircraft was taken down. You've helped us make it clear that it belonged to Free Erusea. I have some guys looking into the enemy's motivations. I'm afraid that its [sic] looking like things could get pretty ugly. For now, Mobius looks to have delayed the enemy's plans. We need a closer eye on the enemy's movements, and you should be ready to move out at any moment.
Earning an S Rank on this mission requires earning a combined score and time bonus of 13,000 points or more.
The maximum time bonus available is 6,000 for completing the mission in a total of 5 minutes or less. This includes time spent retrying from the checkpoint. If the player can complete the mission in that amount of time, they only need 7,000 points from destroying targets in the mission itself to earn the S Rank.
If the player goes past the 5 minutes threshold, the time bonus decreases by 20 points every second, so the player must compensate by destroying more targets to hit the 13,000 point threshold.
- Since this mission was the first playable demo for Ace Combat 7, it is the first playable Ace Combat mission to feature virtual reality and the new clouds mechanic.
- During the original demo, the mission's Airborne Warning and Control System was a placeholder voice for AWACS Sky Keeper.
- These enemy units will appear after the player destroys the group of two Tu-160s.
- These enemy units will appear some time after the Mirage 2000-5s join the battle.
- Ace Combat 7 à l'assaut de la réalité virtuelle - PlayStation Experience. jeuxvideo.com. Published on December 6, 2016. Retrieved on December 19, 2016.
- File:Ace Combat 7 - VR Demo Gameplay.
|Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Missions|