- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Silver Bridge.
- "Look at all those missiles!"
- ― Hans Grimm
White Bird (Part I) is the sixth mission of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
Briefing Officer: An SSTO craft launch facility lies to the east of our current location, McNealy Air Force Base. The facility was a collaborative project between Osea and Yuktobania. It was built to be a bridge to outer space, with a mass driver 7.5 miles in length. Our radar has detected several planes from a Yuktobanian squadron approaching the facility from several directions. The facility is currently conducting pre-launch operations for an SSTO craft. The base commander will provide you with further orders.
McNealy Commander: This is the Commander of McNealy Air Force Base. All units, including those refuelling at this base, are now under my command. Engage the incoming enemy. All untrained pilots are barred from taking off. Those guys are still kids!
The mission's first objective is to defend the space center and destroy all airborne tanks. If any tanks reach the mass driver, the mission will end in failure.
After all tanks are destroyed, the mission's next objective is to defend the space center from cruise missiles. The player can end the missile attacks by destroying all B-2A bombers; however, they can use flares, so it can be difficult to hit them. The mission ends when the SSTO craft is successfully launched.
|ABN Tank||120||10||[note 1]|
|MIR-2000D "ZAHARADA"||1440||Normal||[note 3]|
We prevented the Yuktobanian army from capturing the launch facility. The SSTO launch was successful. The SSTO docked with the Arkbird, which had descended into the upper atmosphere, and successfully transferred a laser weapon module over to the craft. All aircraft with the 108th Tactical Fighter Squadron and the Sand Island detachment, return to base as soon as rearming and refuelling operations are complete.
- If the transport carrying the tank is shot down before the tank is air dropped, it will not appear but you will not be awarded the points for destroying the tank.
- Destroying the B-2As will prevent more cruise missiles from being launched. As long as the B-2As are present, they will continue to launch cruise missiles at the mass driver.
- Shoot down two F-16Cs and two F-20As. ZAHARADA will spawn nearby.
- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War Perfect Guide, pages 072-073.