- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Battle of Griswall.
Wild Card is Mission 12C in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception.
"We've got an emergency situtation on our hands. Spurred on by our recent victories, a group of liberation soldiers calling themselves the Aurelian Liberation Corps has infiltrated Griswall via the railway. Backed by citizens rallying to their call, they have succeeded in temporarily driving Leasath forces from the center of the city. It also appears that they are aiming to bring the Meson Cannon under their control. However, Leasath forces have the capitol surrounded, effectively trapping the Liberation Corps inside. There are also reports that the Skylla Unit has disappeared from Mt. Nevera. It is highly probable they are on their way to Griswall. The best course of action would be to lead an aerial assault on the enemy forces, and keep them from breaching the city's defense perimeter. The Meson Cannon, however, remains under Leasath control. So be on a lookout when flying near the Atmos Ring. The capitol's liberation is finally within our grasp. Sir, please decide the course of action."
The mission's objective is to defend the Aurelian Liberation Corps. There are four groups of targets advancing to Griswall that have to be destroyed before they break through the ALC. After all ground targets are destroyed, the mission's next objective is to destroy all missiles before they hit the capital. Destroying all SP. Launchers and all missiles currently on the map will end the mission early.
|Rafale M "TYRANT"||1280||Normal||[note 5]|
|★GUNBOAT||150||Easy||Unlocks Light Armor when destroyed.[note 6]|
Earning an S-Rank requires earning 17,000 points.
"The city's defense perimeter still stands, and the missile damage has been kept at a minimum. We've liberated Griswall at last! With the loss of their central command, Leasath forces have begun to pull out of Aurelia. The streets of Griswall are overflowing with citizens celebrating the defeat of the Leasath oppressors. Even soldiers have joined in the celebration. Sir, the people won't forget your brave actions that led us here. We've done it sir!
- The name "Wild Card" probably refers to the fact that two unusual things happen during this mission.
- The Skylla Unit is an elite anti-air Leasath special forces unit, so there is not much known about why they actually use long-range missiles to target Griswall, and not the Aurelian Air Force. One possible theory is that their missile launchers, which would normally be used for anti-aircraft duties, have instead been equipped specifically with anti-ground missiles for this mission.
- The uprising and the liberation of Griswall by the ALC shares similarities with how the French Resistance started to liberate Paris until Allied reinforcements arrived.
- ↑ Appears after two planes are shot down and the ALC cut off the power to the Meson Cannons.
- ↑ Appears after five planes are shot down.
- ↑ Appears after seven planes are shot down.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Appears when ten planes are shot down.
- ↑ Appears to the east when five planes are shot down.
- ↑ Appears after the mission update