The X-49 Night Raven (X-49 ナイトレーベン) was an experimental demonstrator aircraft created by General Resource.
The aircraft's specifications are as follows:
- Width: 30.11m
- Length: 17.20m
- Height: 3.82m
- Weight: 39,940 kg
- Max Speed
- Japanese Release: 5,068 km/h
- International Release: 4,693 km/h
The X-49 Night Raven was the product of Darkness of Enigma, a secret General Resource project that performed military research into advanced pilot-vehicle neural connections and next-generation fighter aircraft technology.
A young Rena Hirose was recruited by the company on Abyssal Dision's suggestion, and was used as a test subject for DOE technologies. On July 21, 2032, Rena successfully flew the X-49 for the first time. However, the upper management in General Resource disagreed with using Hirose, especially since the X-49 could only be controlled by someone who had undergone artificial nerve surgery specifically for the aircraft. As a result, General Resource dissolved the program and ended the X-49's development in 2033.
Following the cancellation of the project, the entire X-49 development team was subsequently absorbed by Neucom Incorporated. They brought some of their data from GR, and this research was later used to produce the XR-900 Geopelia, a similar-looking combat drone.
In the early days of the armed confrontations between General Resource and Neucom, Rena Hirose and Nemo followed an A/F-117X scout plane to a General Resource Defense Force base at the Hatties Ravine near the Amber Mountains, where a DOE research facility was erected. After entering the ravine, Rena suffered flashbacks of her involvement with the project and commented on her faint memories of the Night Raven.
On all branches of the simulation, Ouroboros would seize the Night Raven during their uprising, which would be given to a brainwashed Rena on Abyssal Dision's orders. Towards the end of the war, it would be responsible for the destruction of Megafloat, after which she would escape with Dision. Regardless of Nemo's decisions, the X-49 would be destroyed or otherwise disabled in all routes.
The X-49 was the product of the Darkness of Enigma project, just like the Strangereal version. It was developed by General Resource, and the plans were sold to Wernher and Noah Enterprises for its use among UNF mercenaries.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A next-generation aircraft which is the result of "DOE" (Darkness of Enigma), a secret project conducted by General Resource. It features a box wing configuration, a new type of engine and a high output laser weapon. As its nickname (Night Raven) suggests, its appearance on the battlefield is an omen of ill fortune for the enemy.
*The in-game screen display for this aircraft is based on the design from "Ace Combat 3."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The X-49 can be obtained through the Aircraft Tree.
- Just like the R-101 Delphinus #1, when flying this aircraft, the player's HUD will look similar to the one from Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere in all three camera views. The sound effects for locking on and firing a missile are replaced by those from Ace Combat 3. The "Destroyed" display is also replaced by "Bingo" or "Bullseye", complete with the female voice-acted line from Ace Combat 3 for each.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||38 / 38||37 / 38||36 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||40 / 40||39 / 40||38 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||41 / 41||40 / 41||39 / 41|
|Lv.20||42 / 42||41 / 42||40 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels unlocked the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Nevermore
- Lv.10: Winged Terror of the Dark Night
- Lv.15: Dome of Stars
- Lv.20: Jet-black
- Default: Black body
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "An aircraft which had been undergoing research and development by General Resource in the past. Due to the complexity of the unique design and changes in governmental state of affairs, research was halted, and it was believed the experimental craft was destroyed. However, it suddenly revealed itself along with the coup d'etat forces. Detailed data is highly classified, and detailed performance figures of the craft are shrouded in mystery."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japanese version: Use the 'deadcopy' savefile found in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Direct Audio/AppenDisc.
- International version: Complete all mission with an A rank on Normal difficulty or harder.
- Power: 15
- Attack: 13
- Stability: 4
- Mobility: 15
- Armor: 15
- The X-49 Night Raven bears resemblance to Ace Combat: Joint Assault's Spiridus due to its unusual wing design.
- The XR-900 Geopelia and the X-49 Night Raven are extremely comparable in both appearance and statistics. In the Japanese version of Ace Combat 3, both aircraft are listed with the same maximum speed of 5,068 km/h.
- In Ace Combat 3, once the aircraft surpasses 3,920 km/h, it will start vibrating violently (but not enough to shake it apart), probably a warning for Nemo to slow down, as in the Su-43, RF-12A2 Blackbird II, XR-900 and UI-4054. This could also possibly indicate that the plane is approaching hypersonic speed (Mach 5+).
- In the export version of Ace Combat 3, the X-49 is manned by a rogue artificial intelligence.
- The X-49 Night Raven as well as the XR-900 Geopelia's upper wing portion looks very similar to the real world's late World War II Horten Ho-229.
- Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Mission & World View Guide Book, page 021.
- Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Mission & World View Guide Book, page 035.
- Cutscene prior to No Clearance, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
- Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Mission & World View Guide Book, page 037.
- Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.