The XR-900 Geopelia is an advanced combat drone developed by Neucom.
The XR-900 shares many design similarities with the X-49 Night Raven, both being a strange bi-wing design stacked atop each other, connected to the main "body" and via the wing tips. However, the XR-900's wings are more curved in shape, and angle downwards to connect via the wing tips, as opposed to the Night Raven's more boxy design. Like the Night Raven, the XR-900 uses Aeon engines to fly, which emit a distinct green particle effect when the jets speed up. The XR-900 also possesses its own Laser Cannon, and combat statistics on par with the Night Raven.
The Geopelia was developed by Neucom with the help of former General Resource engineers involved with the X-49 Night Raven, who abandoned the company after the Darkness of Enigma project's cancellation. Noticing the risks of the Opto-Neuron-Synapse-Interface system, it was developed as an unmanned aircraft from the beginning. Research on AI control was carried out under the "Gepetto Project". A conventional Aero Coffin cockpit was installed in early flight tests, but was deactivated in the final version.
In the "General Resource" story path, a group of eight Geopelias launched from the remains of Megafloat and attacked the city of Port Edwards. Nemo took off from the local airfield and engaged the rogue drones. After sufficiently damaging it, Nemo transferred itself to the jet and assumed control, using it to destroy the other Geopelias. After the battle, it and the Geopelia landed at the local General Resource airfield. Upon parking, the cockpit was opened to reveal nothing but the seat of the pilot.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "An aircraft developed by engineers involved on the Night Raven at General Resource after they transferred to Neucom. Using the Night Raven's design as a basis, they utilized different technology offered by Neucom. It is being redesigned to be a UAV, using AI to autonomously carry out combat operations. Currently, it is equipped with a COFFIN system for test flights, but is planned to have it removed once testing is completed to decrease weight and allow for higher mobility."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japanese version: Only available in "Geopelia".
- International version: Complete "Geopelia" with an A rank.
- Power: 15
- Attack: 13
- Stability: 4
- Mobility: 15
- Armor: 15
- Width: 29.95m
- Length: 17.18m
- Height: 3.72m
- Weight: 30,218 kg
- Max Speed: 4,634 km/h
- Damage Tolerance: Heavy
- Classification: Advanced Fighter
- Geopelia is a genus of small, long-tailed doves.
- In the game's code, there exists a playable version of the XR-900 that is significantly different than the default XR-900. The beta XR-900 has an altered visual design (see Gallery), a slower top speed (2,856 km/h as opposed to 4,634 km/h), altered ammunition (199 missiles as opposed to 192), and a Vulcan for a machine gun as opposed to the Laser Cannon. This version has the fan name of "YR-900". It can only be accessed with hacking, or the use of external devices, such as a Game Shark.
- In the export version of Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere, the player's XR-900 model does not emit Aeon particles.