Yuktobania, officially known as the Union of Yuktobanian Republics, is a large nation and international superpower located on the Verusan continent. Yuktobania encompasses a majority of the continent's northern landmass, and is bordered by Emmeria and Estovakia to the north; Kaluga and Verusa to the south; along with a number of unknown countries to the south-southwest. Its capital, Cinigrad, is located within the nation's northern highlands.
Yuktobania is a highly developed nation that possesses a large population, industrialized economy, and a well-outfitted military force. The country is also regarded for its many advancements in aerospace technology, submersible engineering, and ballistic missile weaponry.
There is little information available regarding Yuktobania's early history and founding. Early navigational charts do not demarcate Yuktobania's capital, Cinigrad, which could indicate that the union was not formally established until sometime in the 19th or 20th centuries. However, it is possible that many of the constituent Yuktobanian states have existed for quite some time.
Modern era (1970s–)
Cold War (1980s–1995)
Over the course of the mid-20th century, Yuktobania flourished and began to expand its political influence around the globe. However, tensions with the Osean Federation—Yuktobania's rival superpower across the Ceres Ocean—resulted in a prolonged cold war between the two nations. The possibility of unrestrained nuclear war drove Yuktobania into an ongoing arms race with Osea. During the 1980s, the Yuktobanian military made several advancements in long-range ballistic missile technology. When the Osean government announced the creation of atmospheric weapons systems to intercept these warheads, Yuktobania began exploring new launch-platforms for its nuclear arsenal. In September 1991, the incumbent prime minister, Samanov, publicly unveiled the Scinfaxi-class submersible carrier, which in turn compelled Osea to begin development of the Arkbird maneuverable spacecraft.
Belkan War (1995)
In late March 1995, Belka declared war on its neighboring countries and invaded northeastern Osea. For reasons that remain unknown, Yuktobania joined the Oseans' military coalition and supported its fight against the Belkans. Over the course of the war, Yuktobanian fighter squadrons served alongside Osean and mercenary pilots against the powerful Belkan Air Force. Yuktobania is also known to have provided intelligence-gathering resources to the Allies, and even dispatched several of its reconnaissance officers to serve in the East. In the aftermath of the war, a number of Yuktobanian pilots defected to the militant extremist organization known as "A World With No Boundaries".
Era of peace (1996–2010)
Collaborations with Osea (2000s)
In 2008, Yuktobanian ambassadors attended the annual G7 Summit, which was hosted aboard the Arkbird; the meeting resulted in a number of historic disarmament initiatives, such as the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty and Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. Scientists and specialists from Yuktobania and Osea later collaborated to address the Ulysses fragments that still lingered in orbit; it was eventually decided that the Arkbird would be employed to eliminate the debris. The Arkbird ultimately cleared a majority of Ulysses's debris, allowing Yuktobania, together with Osea, to spearhead the creation of an international space station in the 2000s. As the first step toward realizing this, the two superpowers constructed Basset Space Center.
Circum-Pacific War (2010)
In April 2015, one of Yuktobania's spy satellites spotted the P-1112 Aigaion while it was flying over Estovakia. The satellite continued to track the aircraft for four days before losing sight of it as flew off the coast of the country.
Yuktobania encompasses a majority of the Verusan continent's landmass and is the largest country (area-wise) on Strangereal's Earth. Yuktobania's geography and climate vary greatly across its vast territory. Humid, tropical forests lie along the equatorial and southern regions; snowy steppes and highlands encompass the northern latitudes; and the vast Jilachi Desert blankets Yuktobania's geographic heart. Rugged, mountainous terrain can be found throughout the nation.
Yuktobania is separated from the Anean nations by the Fuscum Sea and has coastlines along three other major bodies of water—the Ceres, Pacific, and Eusian Oceans. Yuktobania shares land borders with Kaluga and Verusa to the south; other unknown nations border Yuktobania to the south and southwest. Its capital, Cinigrad, is located within the nation's northern highlands.
As its official name implies, the Union of Yuktobanian Republics is a political and economic union of independent republics; one such member state is the Republic of Romny. The national government is headed by a prime minister, which could imply the existence of some representative legislative body. It is unknown if the prime ministry is term-limited.
Yuktobania supports one of the largest and most well-equipped military forces in the world, rivaled by only the Osean Defense Forces. The nation's military is comprised of the Yuktobanian Army, Yuktobanian Navy (which supports an advanced submersible warfare division), and Yuktobanian Air Force.
- Yuktobania is considered an allegory of the former Soviet Union (USSR):
- The nation's name (Soyuz Yuktobaniyskikh Respublik, Союз Юктобанийских Республикand) and political structure are similar to that of the USSR;
- The people of Yuktobania possess Russian surnames and speak with Russian accents;
- Yuktobanian locations such Bastok and Pobeda ("East" and "Victory", respectively), and military designations such as Oka Nieba ("Sky Eye") use Russian nominatives;
- The insubordination of the Yuktobanian frigate Pitomnik is similar to the rebellion of the Russian battleship Potemkin in 1905;
- The Varyag Special Forces unit shares its name with a number of Russian naval warships; and
- The stag that appears on Yuktobania's national flag resembles the hood ornaments that once adorned Soviet-era GAZ-M-21 Volga automobiles. The stag is also depicted on the coat of arms of Nizhny Novgorod, the Russian city where GAZ-brand cars were manufactured.
- The Belkan War can be interpreted as an allegory of World War II, in which the Americans (Oseans) and the Soviets (Yutkobanians) confront and defeat the Germans (Belkans) together.
- The Yuktobanian city of Dresdene is likely a reference to Dresden, Germany, which also suffered civilian casualties as a result of bombing strikes during World War II.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ace Combat Zero "World News" / World News 18 / Page 1 (Transcript). Retrieved July 14, 2018.
- ↑ File:Old Strangereal Map Wallpaper 1024x768.jpg, ACES WEB. Published 2004. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Aerial Fleet
- ↑ WORLD / WORLD NEWS / ПОСЛЕДУЙТЕ, Ace Combat 5 Website. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- ↑ "Road To A Maneuverable Orbiting Spacecraft", GAZE: Arkbird Declaration Summit 2008. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- ↑ Assault Records #133: Yuri Dashkov, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Assault Records #134: Rusian Tolstoy, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Aces At War: A History, page needed.
- ↑ Assault Records #164: Viktor Metlev, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Assault Records #165: Kira Alekhin, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Assault Records #166: Yakov Saifullin, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Cutscene 01, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "Ark After Stonehenge", GAZE: Arkbird Declaration Summit 2008. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- ↑ "Arkbird Declaration", GAZE: Arkbird Declaration Summit 2008. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- ↑ The New System, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Heartbreak One, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Hasegawa 1/72 "Su-47 Berkut ACE COMBAT Grabacr" (plastic model) description.