- 『Multiple aircraft approaching this airspace. They're Harriers.』
- ― AWACS Long Caster
The AV-8B Harrier II plus, sometimes abbreviated as AV-8B+, is an upgraded variant of the AV-8B Harrier II. It has a few improvements over the original plane, including an FLIR (forward-looking infrared camera), an upgraded cockpit with compatibility for night vision goggles, a more powerful engine, and an advanced radar.
Several AV-8B+s were utilized by the Belkan Air Force against the Allied Forces during the Belkan War. AV-8B+ squadrons engaged the Allied Forces during Operation Hell Bound and Operation Dynamo, but were shot down.
AV-8B+s were utilized in the Lighthouse War by Erusea during Operation One Pair, Operation Siren's Song, Operation Magic Spear, Operation Werewolf, and Operation Giant's Step. Following the collapse of Usea's satellite network, the reestablished Voslagian Air Force gained access to two AV-8B+s and were used in the defense of Shilage Castle during Operation Beehive.
Harriers were utilized during the New Russian Federation uprising.
How to Unlock
- This aircraft is not available to the player.
- 『This attacker was developed to make VTOL (vertical take-off and landing) a reality. It has a unique design featuring high mounted wings and four rotating nozzles. This makes it possible to operate in limited spaces such as light aircraft carriers and small airfields. The aircraft is commonly known as the "Harrier".』
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The AV-8B is available through the Aircraft Tree.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||12 / 38||12 / 38||12 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||14 / 40||14 / 40||14 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||15 / 41||15 / 41||15 / 41|
|Lv.20||16 / 42||16 / 42||16 / 42|
- Lv.3: Harrier Pilot
- Lv.10: Pegasus
- Lv.15: The Select Few
- Lv.20: Microburst
- "Inferno" Skin: Flame pattern with "flaming skull" on top
- Event Skin #01: 2-tone green camouflage; based on the AV-8B Harrier IIs of VMAT-203
- ― Hangar說明
- 購買Online Map Pack DLC套包（PlayStation Store及Xbox LIVE現已終止遊戲及DLC的數位購買）。PC版已包括該機並無需再購入DLC。
- Color 1: Grey drab
- Color 2: Grey and green active camouflage
- Color 3: White, red, black and gold livery based upon that worn by early AV-8B flight test models
How to Unlock
- The Harrier is not available to the player in this game.
- The tail code CF is used by the United States Marine Corps Marine Attack Squadron 211.
- "RADAR" is written on the nose when using Color 3 in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, unlike the original test aircraft that featured this livery. This is due to the AV-8B+ being fitted with a radar, specifically the same AN/APG-65 used in the first generation F/A-18 Hornets. Other Harrier II variants do not feature any radar.
- Handheld and older Ace Combat games, outside of Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, featured the AV-8B Harrier II. The easiest way to discern between the plus and non-plus variants is by the radar system on the nose of the aircraft, which was added in the plus variant. As previously stated, other Harrier II variants did not feature any radar. The radar system can be seen on the nose of enemy Harriers in Ace Combat Zero, but not in any of the other older or handheld games.
- In Assault Horizon and Ace Combat Infinity, the AV-8B+, along with the F-35B Lightning II and the ASF-X Shinden II, is capable of keeping its nose pointed upward while in the middle of a stall. This was likely intended to simulate VTOL, and it allows for effective targeting and firing at extremely slow speeds.